Chapter 9- Invisible Mask

I can feel red tears streaming my face, and I turn around, a failed attempt at not letting Grayson see me.

"Hey, your bleeding, its on your face... are you...?" Grayson, looking disturbed, rips a piece of his blanket and hands it to me. I take it. My dress is ruined, but i don't care. I don't care about anything right now. I feel him put an arm around me and I lean into him. By now my face is covered, and Grayson had seen me the way I've never wanted anyone to ever see me. vulnerable. Weak. But he doesn't say anything, just waits until I've calmed down. Then he takes my head in his hands and uses the piece of fabric to wipe my face of most of the blood.

I start to shakily stand, knowing I can't stay here. But he grabs my arm, pulling me to sit down again. I am at a weak state, and this can not be tolerated.

"Hey, are you okay?" He  puts his hand on my shoulder. by now I think he guessed that yes, I am crying tears of blood.

"Of course I am." I sniffle. How embarrassing, like why did it have to be him? Why not Aaron? What am I thinking, why did it happen at all? I don't cry. I don't need to. I take deep breaths, until the tears stop flowing.

"Now, Grayson. This is very important. You will not tell anyone of this. ANYONE, do you understand? Because if you do I will personally slit your throat and watch you die no matter how much blood I waste." I tell him in the most serious tone I have. Wide eyed, he nods. I'm about to stand up when I hear the door.

"Lilith, are you down here?" Damn it, damn it damn it! Out of all the times why did he have to come now? Blood is still faintly dried on my face. In less than a nanosecond I shot up and gave myself as big a distance I could from Grayson.

"Aaron, what are you doing down here?" I can hear his footsteps.

"You told me to go to your palace and wait to hear about the storm coming, remember?" He is getting closer and I can't let him see my face like this. I use my hands to wipe as much blood off as possible. Without a mirror, I don't even know where the blood is.

"I do remember. But I don't remember telling you to come down here, Aaron." I glance at Grayson and he points to a spot on his face. I touch mine and feel the dry tears streaking my face. I wipe it faster but i'm pretty sure that i just smudged it.

He walks over and he is at the door. Its just bars, so he can see me now. He stops, and stares at me. "Its true," He whispers

"Whats true?" I snap.

"You have a personal blood donator." The look of disappointment on his face is completely visible.  He backs up, and walks away. Oh no you don't. I speed out of there and catch up to him.

"Stop". I command. He doesn't stop.

"I am your queen and you will obey me!" I shout. He stops, but doesn't turn around. I grab his shoulders and force him to face me.

"He is not my personal blood donator, Aaron." I state slowly. "I do not like him, and I never took blood from his body".

"Theres blood on your face!" He shouts.

"Its not his," I mutter. "But Aaron, this is a personal matter that will not be spoken of. And for the time being you need to forget this happened and tell me why you came." By the look in my eyes he understands.

"Fine," He gives me a look that says he is not forgetting anything he just witnessed, but he continues. "The storm is worse than expected. tomorrow afternoon is when it starts and by midnight it will be the worst. I was told that we will need to go into lockdown."

"Lockdown?" I sputter. We never go into lockdown, surely the storm isn't that dangerous?

"Thats what the weather guys said."