Chapter 42 ~ The Big Game

Elena's POV

I slip Tyler's jersey over my black cami. Otherwise, it will be see through. "Elena! Are you ready yet?" my father, the football fanatic, rushes me to get ready faster.

"I'm trying my best, dad!" I yell back at him.

Tucking in the too big jersey into my light washed skinny jeans, I head out the door. "Okay, let's go!"

"Why are you wearing Tyler's jersey?" my dad questions as I walked down the stairs.

"Uhm," I murmur, not making eye contact with him. "Okay, let's go now." I say, trying to change the subject as fast as I can.

"Elena Bree Hawkins! Sit your butt down right now," he demands. I take a seat at the edge of our long, tan couch. "Are you and Tyler a couple?" I nod slowly, still making no eye contact whatsoever.

"Don't be doing anything you would regret," he warns. Oh no. No, no, no, no. I am not having the talk with him right now. Or ever, for that matter. That's what health class at school is for.

"Yeah, yeah. Let's get a move on if we wanna get good seats." I urge him.

---

On the way in, I get a few glares from several different girls. One of them being Vickie. She is approaching me and my dad at the entrance. "You go in first dad, I'll meet up with you after." I tell him.

Vickie, being the she devil she is, stops right in front of me. Her wandering eyes look me up and down, studying what I'm wearing. The ugly face she already has on gets even worse, when she sees Tyler's jersey number.

"I thought I told you to stay away from Tyler," she looks at me with disgust.

"Or what?" I challenge her.

"Trust me hun, you don't want to go there." She sounds like Tyler threatening to tickle me.

Being the bigger person, I turn my back on her and start walking towards the entrance once again. "You're going to regret this, Elena! Just you wait!" she calls after me.

Once I get in the stadium, I go find my dad. He is sitting on the cold, metal bleachers with a hot dog in his hand. Is he really that hungry? Did he get me anything? He sees me walking up to him, "Elena! Over here!" he calls out.

How embarrassing.

The game is about to start. I see Tyler and the rest of the team run out onto the field, our blue and silver tiger mascot leading them. "Let's go tigers!" I yell at the top of my lungs. The band is playing the tune of Problem by Ariana Grande. Humming along, I see Tyler looking out into the crowd. His eyes find mine and he smiles. He points to me yelling, "This one's for you, Cutie!" I can't help but blush.

I turn to look at my dad, who is glaring at Tyler. Oh stop. We all know you love Tyler as a son, Dad. Don't even deny it. I hear your rants about football all the time. I let out a small giggle.

---

"They fumbled the ball! Hurry, grab it!" I yell as Tyler runs to get the ball. "Run! Let's go, Tyler!"

The whole crowd shoots up and jumps when Tyler runs into the endzone. "Touchdown, Tigers!" the sports announcer shouts through the speaker. The score is currently thirty two to twenty one; we are leading. It is already the fourth quarter and the boys are starting to look tired.

Tyler looks extra hot tonight. Those tight pants are really doing the trick. I let out a giggle, which catches my dad's attention. "What's so funny?" he asks.

"Oh, it's nothing." I try to answer with a straight face.

"Face mask!" I call out when the opponent grabs Tyler's face mask. The referee didn't call it. "Come on, ref!" I shout.

Nate scores the last touchdown of the night. Overall, it was a good game. I go down to the field where the players are to see my beloved. "Hey, Cutie!" Tyler grabs my waist, spinning me around to face him.

"Hey, you!" I give him a kiss. "Great game," I compliment him.

"Thank you, my lady," he chuckles.

I stand on my tiptoes to whisper in his ear. "Those pants make you look extra hot," I whisper.

He stiffens. "I'll keep that in mind," he whispers back, winking. I feel my cheeks heat up. Oh gosh, what have I gotten myself into?

He tugs on the jersey I'm wearing. "You look pretty hot in my jersey as well. I couldn't stop looking at you; it was hard to focus on the game."

I push him slightly. "Shut up."

"Okay, I have to go now. I can't stay for the after-party. I've got a curfew, sorry," I apologize.

"Don't be sorry, Cutie," he says before passionately kissing me. "See you later," he pulls away, letting me go back to my dad.

I turn around to take one last look at my man in those pants, but I see Vickie instead. Her arms are trying to wrap around him. I shouldn't feel jealous. He's mine. He said so himself. I have his heart. I let it go. I trust him, he wouldn't hurt me.

---

A/N: Hey guys! How did you like this chapter? I enjoyed writing it! Some things in here are also going to be used in the future. So, be on the lookout. *laugh evilly* There's going to be a major plot twist you weren't expecting. I thought of it right before I went to bed last night. Brilliant, I tell you. :) Thanks for reading! Love you <3