Chapter 3✔️

•Edited•

Layla POV
I wake up and take a shower and finish getting ready for the day. I walk downstairs and start to make the eggs and bacon and put the bread in the toaster. I put the eggs and bacon on the toast and put it on the plate. Same old routine I do everyday.

"Where's my food?" My father yelled coming down the stairs. He sits down in his chair and I hand him his breakfast and stay silent.

"I want you to stay home. Clean up and make a big roast for tonight because my boss and his family are coming. Absolutely no talking to my guests and when they come you say hi then stay in your room for the rest of the night." My father said beating me like always and soon after leaves to go to work.

I quickly cover my bruises with the little make up I have and head downstairs to get started on cleaning. Even though the house is pretty clean I still make sure to double clean areas knowing if there's one speck of dust he wouldn't be so happy.

It was lunch time and I started making the roast. I didn't have anything to eat or my father would have killed me. I was cutting the carrots and potatoes when someone knock on the door. I remembered the time I answered the door  while I was home alone and shiver.

Flash back
I was cleaning the house and someone knock on the door. I answered and the man pushed passed me and took a lot of money and left me tied to a chair.

I heard my father walk in and he screamed.

"What happened?" He yelled un-tying me.

" I answered the door and a man came and took a lot of money" My twelve year old self said, clearly shaken up by what had just happened.
My father was swearing and for the first time ever, took his anger out on me.

Flash back ended

It was the first time my father hit me. I was only 12 I didn't know that was going to happen. I hide behind the counter until the person walked away. I finished cutting the veggies and put them in the oven.

Grayson POV
I looked everywhere at school but Layla wasn't there. I was getting really worried. Did she make it home safely? What if someone abducted her while she was walking home. I should've walked with her- Wait why do I care? She means nothing to me. I don't care if she gets hurt. I don't care about anyone, I don't have feelings. Feeling are for the weak and I can't be weak.

You like her! A voice in my head sings and I really want to crush it.

Ugh.

I walk home and I'm confused. She has no friends. I don't know where she lives or her phone number. If she disappeared know one would know and know one would care.

You would care. The voice said again.

Ugh stupid voice go away.

I'm Grayson the school bad boy, I don't care about anyone other than my sisters.

So why are you so worried about her. The voice asks.

Maybe I do like her. No no I can't. She's just a spoiled rich kid who knows nothing about the struggles I have to put up with.

School ended and I walk towards my car. I drive home and decide to go shower.

After I shower I decided to go for a walk to try to clear my head.

As I was walking I spot Aiden. Aiden and I were best friends all of middle school. But when we went into high school we became popular and we competed with everything. How many fights we won, how many girls we had, just everything. But when my parents died I didn't want to compete. I wanted to just be alone. But no Aiden had to mess with everything. He trashed my house. Hurt MY SISTERS and made my life a living h*ll. ( a/n sorry I don't like swearing😊) I hate his guts he thinks he's way better than everybody else.

He sees me and walks my way.
"Looks like I got your girl... again" He smirks. What does he mean by.. Oh my gosh......

Layla?
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
A/N
He he he cliff hanger what will happen to Layla. What does Aiden have planed. We will find out next time! Ok that was really cringe ok anyways vote and comment what you think. Bye 😋😋

Credits to theveryshycheyenne for helping me edit this chapter!