Chapter 10 - Jack David

I am homesick for a place I am not even sure exists. One where my heart is full. My body loved. And my soul is understood.
---------------------------------------------

Kayleigh's POV

I ate quickly, then ran upstairs to my sewing room. I don't want to be around Gabe, I don't want him to find out anything.

I sat down in my favorite chair, my hand on my stomach. "Oh baby, is that how you're going to grow up? Just like I did? Then you'll get married so my parents can just add another business to their empire. And if you're a boy... Well maybe you'll run that empire someday." I whispered to my belly.

"What am I even going to do? It's not like I can run, that would just make me look like an irresponsible parent." I whispered, years starting to roll down my cheeks.

I stood up and grabbed a tissue from the box by the window. I groaned when I saw a young lady coming up our front walk. "Why can't he love me?" I asked myself aloud.

With a sigh, I sat back down in my chair, grabbing my laptop and opening it.

I thought for a moment, the opened up the Internet, and typed my husbands name, 'Jack David' into the search engine.

   I read through the results, mostly related to his father's business, and to the ladies that were his suspected girlfriends.

   I was about to close the window when my eye caught something. Jack David's secret Daughter? My eyes widened and I clicked the link.