Chapter Five: The Angle of Depression

Hey y'all. Okay so I really have nothing to say except - school. Life. Big paper. Stress. Oh and driver's ed!! which is great because driving is super fun and I haven't hit any grandmas yet and my instructor actually thinks I'm good at driving unlike my father meh, but basically let's face it driver's ed is just a big waste of 2 hours every day. So I've had like no time to write, I'm so sorry. On the upside, I saw Catching Fire yesterday - it was A M A Z I N G!!! So much like the book!! It's very difficult for a movie-based-off-a-book to get my approval cuz they have to be muyyy similar so this means that CF was indeed an amazing movie and I recommend it to y'all although you should read the book first. Okay, well, I hope you enjoy this new chapter. This book should be done by Christmas, although that might be asking a bit much, so we'll see.

Pic of Molly (Odette Annable) ---->

Gracias! <3 vb123231

Chapter Five

The Angle of Depression

“What do we do?”

My whisper earned me several glares, but I was more concerned with the image of the Alley man with a gun standing in my algebra-two classroom. I didn’t need another episode like that; one was definitely enough for one day.

Molly’s face was tense. “Let’s split up.”

“Are you crazy?” demanded Jackson, who was flattening himself against the wall and peering around the corner at the Alley man.

“It makes sense,” said Chris, earning himself a glare as well. “We’ll be harder to track that way. Just find your way the train station and we’ll meet there. We can call someone to get us once we’re back together.”

I wasn’t too sure about that plan, and Jackson seemed to agree, much more vocally. “I think that’s insane,” he said, shaking his head. “Why would we separate? So one of us can get killed and we wouldn’t know about it?”

“Let’s not be extreme,” began Chris, looking stressed, but Molly cut him off.

“I think it’s a good idea. I’ll take Nat and we’ll go west, and you two can go east, okay?”

Jackson glowered at her. “No, it’s not okay. How are we going to explain to Jer if his sister gets herself shot or taken or something?

“Good to know you’re concerned about me, too,” said Molly sarcastically. “We’ll be fine; we can take care of ourselves. We can always call if something happens – that’s why they invented smart phones. Two people attract loads less attention than four, anyway.”

Jackson still didn’t look thrilled, and I couldn’t help agreeing with him. It wasn’t that I didn’t trust Molly – okay, I kind of didn’t – but I was just uncomfortable with the whole splitting up thing. What happened to “safety in numbers”? My opinion was invalid, I guess, because Molly grabbed my arm and pulled my down the block, walking fast.

“So what are we supposed to do?” I asked, balling my hands in my pockets.

“Get to the meeting place,” she answered, glancing around tensely. “Hopefully they won’t know who to follow, so one of us will get away and be able to get to Jer.”

“Why don’t you just text him now?” Seemed like the obvious answer to me.

“Already did. We still gotta get away from the Alley men, though.”

I wasn’t completely convinced the plan made sense, but hey, I wasn’t the CIA agent, so I chose not to argue. The gun in Molly’s hand was kind of freaky, though, because I kept thinking it was fake and had to forcibly remind myself that it wasn’t actually. Molly was acting like someone in an action movie, walking quickly and alertly, her gun at the ready. It would almost have been funny to see Molly acting like James Bond if I hadn’t known it was real.