Dєηιαℓ

Hey guys,

I know it has been a while but I had a chance to write this and I wanted to upload this for now! I can't promise I can upload continuously but I have not given this upload very often but enjoy anyway!

-TheAnonymousEnigma

---

«·''·.(*·.¸('·.¸* VI. Denial*¸.·')¸.·*).·''·»

Jacey below

I don't want to believe that this person will hurt me; I'd rather stay naïve to the horrors that come along with trusting a person

I don't want to believe that this person will hurt me; I'd rather stay naïve to the horrors that come along with trusting a person. I don't want to know about the lies they may tell me or what they secretly think of me. That is how a lot of people subconsciously think to avoid facing the sting of the deceit but in the end, they always face more pain for they have put all of their trust in a person. So much trust that they will defend this person against loved ones, they'll tell them anything and believe just about everything they say. But what do you do when your judgment is clouded by lies. How do you differentiate the truth from the lies? How do you know who to trust? More importantly, how do you avoid having to ask all these questions? We may never know, and we'll all go through something like this, but it's the way we handle the journey and the truth when it is uncovered.

(¸.·'*
THAI

I kiss Luis's cheek and get out of there as quickly as possible, my face heating up in embarrassment. I see my mom's blue Toyota and race for the door. I open the door and slide in the front seat.

"Did you have fun Thai?" My mother says knowingly.

"Yes ma." I say.

"What did you guys do?" Suspicion entered my mom's tone. I sighed uncomfortably.

"Mom, calm down. You know I'm not into that kind of stuff and his mom was there checking up on us every once in a while."

"I know Thai but you sometimes things happen. I need to know your safe and that you know how to be safe. Remember to use cond-"

"I got it ma! I already know this!" I say, shuttering uncontrollably in disgust.

"So what if you do? It's my responsibility to repeat it again and again. You know your teen minds jump time."

"Ma, please! I barely got through the first talk we had; what makes you think I could get through it a second time?" Horror becomes evident on my face.

"Are you listening to me Thai?"

"Yes ma." I huff out. The rest of the drive she continues her lecture and as soon as she stops the car, I get out and head into the house to my room.

"I know where your room is too!" My mom yells out and I throw the pillow over my face. I can hear her cackling all the way to her room. After a few minutes, I hear my phone ringing. I see Jacey, one of my best friend's on the caller ID. I click answer on my phone.

"Hey Jacey."

"Hey, I wanted to know what happened between you and Luis."

"Nothing, I just went over his house-" I heard a choking sound on the other line.

"Wait, you went over his house? Are you crazy? What did you do?"

"Yes I did, no I am not and we just watched some movies. Why so little faith in me?"

"It's not you, it's him. He seems very convincing and you like him for how long? Look, I'm just worried about you Thai. Did anything else happen?" My mind flashes back to Luis and I's almost kiss and I bite my lip in worry.

"Well..."

"I'm listening."

"He did try to kiss me."

"What?! Was this a date or hanging out?"

"You know I don't date Jace."

"You say that now Thai. I am telling you that something is not right. He goes from not talking to you for 2 years to just popping up out of the blue and it's betting time too. Thai, people like him don't go for people like you."

"Excuse me? Like me? First of all, I am pretty and I don't need anyone to tell me that Jacey, not even you. Secondly, you think I don't know that this whole thing is far-fetched? That's why I never let him kiss me even though he stated that he wasn't involved with the bet this year. Apparently, it was a lie; I am still not completely sure that I believe that but I'm determined not to be another notch on his bedpost."

"Oh."

"Yeah, oh." I say and hang up. I remember my response to her statement.

"I am pretty and I don't need anyone to tell me that Jacey, not even you."

If only I could convince myself to really think like that.

The next day I go to school still pissed at Jacey's comment, knowing I would have never said anything to her along those lines.

"People like him don't go for people like you."

The phrase rattled around in my head for a while but I promised myself that I'd give him a chance. A week had now passed and the most he had tried to do is kiss me? Is that a good or bad thing? I honestly don't know. I see Luis talking to his friends in the corner. He looked perplexed as I walk by. A few seconds later, he is right beside me. I can't fight the nervous butterflies that builds in my stomach as he walks beside me with his books in hand. I ignore them.

"What's up Thai?" He says.

"Nothing." I reply, my tone sharper than usual.

"Hey chill. Did I do something?" He holds his hand up in surrender.

I sigh.

"No, sorry things have been rough."

"What happened?"

I shake my head.

"I don't want to talk about it."

"Come on, we're supposed to be friends right?" He asks, stopping at my locker. I turn my combination quickly and open it.

"Yes."

"And friends tell each other stuff right?"

"Yep."

"Okay, so tell me."

I sigh for the second time since I got here. "My friends don't approve of our friendship."

"Do you always listen to your friends?" He said with a slight smirk.

"No." I say back.

"Then ignore them."

"Their my friends Luis; I still have to hear them out."

"Well, it seems like you did. Are you going to stay around me or not?"

"I said we were friends didn't I?"

"What if I want to be more than friends?"

"I don't date Luis." I say, walking away.

---

Hey everyone,

I missed you guys! I finally got a chapter done and I couldn't wait to post it. I had a little bit of free time so I decided to do this! Again, I can't promise I will continuously be updating my story on a regular basis but I have not given up on this story. I know this was not the most exciting chapter there is but I hope you like it! Anyway, got to go!

-TheAnonymousEnigma