Chapter 7

TOBIAS' POV

"What do you mean, a pack is a family?" Josiah spoke up first, but I saw Maddox's mouth also open a split second after Josiah's.

"Not where we came from." I mutter as I turn and walk to Fitz. I drop Finn down next to him and I watch with a small smile on my face as they hug eachother tightly. I turn back to see Josiah and Maddox talking through their eyes and I roll my own.

"You don't have to do that for our sake. We know we're rouges, we come from messed up packs. There isn't anything else to say about it." I tell them before walking over to Ajax and Emerson.

"This is Ajax, Xavier's son, and Emerson. They are both four." I turn to Charlotte and introduce her. "Charlotte, she's Xavier's mate and Ajax's mom. Of course you know Xavier, Bailey, Kayli, and Finn, but this is my other son, Fitz, Finn's twin brother." I say while pointing at all of them. I turn back to them and look at them expectantly. They only stare blankly back at me. I sigh before making a 'move on' hand gesture.

"Come on, you guys gonna introduce yourselves?" I ask sarcastically. They both jump and fumble with their words.

"Uhm, I'm Maddox, and this is my mate, well...one of my mates, Josiah. Uhm, I'm the Alpha of the Red Sun Pack. Josiah and I just found out that Tobias was our other mate..... That's pretty much it, I guess." Maddox stuttered as his face turned red. Charlotte gasped and threw herself at me, but it was more of a shuffle since her stomach was to big for her to throw herself around.

"Congratulations Tobias, this is wonderful." She gushed as she pulled me into a warm motherly hug. Even before she had Ajax she always gave the warmest hugs, and they have only ever gotten better after Ajax's birth and her date drawing nearer with her second child.

"Thank you, Charlotte." I grumble at her. I, for one, was not excited about the outcome. After that horrible day so many years ago, I sworn I would never fall for anyone, expecially my mate, or mates in this situation. I wouldn't trust and love someone as much as I did my parents, only to be nothing the next day when they find something they don't like.

"I, we were wondering, if you would come back to the pack with us. We need to talk about some things, and decide what is best for all of us." Josiah said as he gestured to my pack and me. I looked around at the others and they didn't seem to mind that we would go and talk to them, but I could see that they didn't want to stay there forever. I fear that I will love them, like a mate should, and my pack wouldn't want to stay with me, because of the idea of staying with a pack. But on the other hand, I would slowly die without my mates, and then I wouldn't even be able to lead my pack anyways.

"We will go with, to talk." I tell them, their expression light up with joy at my words. "But it is not certain that we will stay, after we have talked." I finish. Their expressions fall slightly, but they quickly smile again before nodding.

"That is reasonable. Now come, we need to get back as soon as we can, nightfall will be here soon." Maddox said as he gestured for us to go ahead of him.

I led the goup while Xavier feel behind. Only Maddox walled in front of me, and Josiah behind Xavier. It nerve me a bit, but it helped to remind myself that these men were my mates. They wouldn't harm any of my family memebers if they wanted to even have a chance with me. A chance. I told myself a long time ago I wouldn't let someone love me,  I wouldn't love anyone, but then I formed my own pack, a pack who understood my problems, and they greeted me with opened arms. But I am still wary. I am not going to give my heart to two men, one an alpha, only to have it broken when they realize what a disgrace I am, to my family, and to them.