Chapter 24

"Now, tell me why you thought it was a good idea to snap a girls neck, one who was a part of your own pack before you joined ours?" Maddox asked when we finally all became situated in his office. I glare at Maddox for getting angry at me, he has no right to judge my actions, he has no idea what even happened, he only knows the rumors that other wolves not involved in the fight have started.

"Well, let's start at the beginning. First, I went to Xavier and Charlotte's room because I needed to speak to my beta about being formally introduced to the pack, but instead of finding him and his wife, I found that little girl standing over Emerson and Ajax, with their blood all over her. I knew something was wrong, with her, with Emerson and Ajax, and with Finn. He had been attached to her hip for the past weeks, so it seemed odd that he wasn't there. Of course she thought it would be funny to try and tease me when I asked her where he was, so I gave her an incentive. She told me she had given my pup to my father. The cruel heartless bastard who could care less about everything that isn't himself, so I proceeded to break her neck. Does that suffice for you? Or do you want me to say a half-assed sorry, because honestly, I wouldn't have changed one single bit of what I did." Maddox and I glare at eachother, but I could see his glare weakening more and more as he heard what really happened until finally he was rubbing his eyes with his hand and staring at the ceiling.

"For one, you can drop the attitude, and two, I believe you. I know you wouldn't lie about something like this, expecially since pack is family, you would never harm your family if you didn't have to for the best of everyone else. Now, we need to think of a way to get Finn back, so, Tobias, we need you to tell us everything you can about your old pack." I stare at Maddox blankly, doesn't he realize that I don't want any of then to have anything to do with my father?

"What makes you think I'm going to let you come with?" I ask. Maddox furrows his eyebrows at me before peaking at Blaze and Josiah.

"Because we're your mates, and family, and family sticks together." Josiah finally answers when he sees that Maddox won't be answering any time soon.

"That's not the problem, the problem is that I don't want any of you in a ten mile radius of my old pack, let alone in the pack that ruined my life. You can try and help all you want, but when it come down to it, you aren't coming with. And I don't care what you say, that is final." I state firmly. Maddox continues to glare at me, Blaze and Josiah participating, but Xavier had a simpathetic look in his eyes. He know what I'm feeling, he felt the same thing when he meet Charlotte. He felt the need to keep her away from all bad in the world, away from the life that essentially ruined her. Away from death.

I finally have something worth fighting for in my life, besides Finn and Fitz, but I always had them, I never had to worry about someone taking then away. Maddox, Josiah, and Blaze make me worry differently, they make me worry that someday I'll be so reliant on them, that if they die, I wouldn't be able to function anymore.

So I have to keep them safe, if not for them, then for myself.