Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Aiden's POV
             I was exhausted and upset. I yelled at the girl who found my sister, the girl who saved her life... Not to mention I lost my phone but that doesn't matter right now. I walk up to the door and open it; Hayden is sitting on the couch. "Hayden."

            He looks back and stands up, "Dude, where have you been? I tried calling you and started freaking; she came home with the dog instead of you."

            "I'm fine, where is she? How's my mom?" I ask while walking to the kitchen to get water.

            "You're sister is upstairs sleeping with the dog. Your mom is doing a lot better. What the fuck happened? She's not telling us what happened, she just said she 'promised she'd come straight home'. Did you do that?" I chugged the water and swished the water around my mouth. "Aiden, what happened to her out there? What happened to YOU out there?" I drank the water and sighed.

            "I didn't save her. She would have been dead by now if it wasn't for-....." Hayden grabbed my shoulder and made me face him.

            "If it wasn't for what Aiden?" I sighed and threw my water bottle at the wall.

            "If it wasn't for Krystina!" Hayden was obviously taken back; I walked over to the window, "When I got there... Krystina was sitting on a park bench with Aubrey.... When I got there Krystina was walking away but I demanded she tell me what happened...."

            "And?" Hayden says shallowly after a few moments of silence.

            "And she said she saved Aubrey...." I turned around to look at Hayden.

            "You don't think she was serious right? She was probably just faking and shit." I shook my head and say on the couch.

            "Nah dude... Krystina was bleeding from something... And she was limping pretty badly, Aubrey looked fine... And even Aubrey said, 'she saved my life and you just let her go'..." I rub my face. "I don't know how Krystina saved her life; I don't even know where she is."

            "You want to thank her." He said it more like a statement than a question, but it was true... I wanted to thank her. I NEEDED to thank her... "Well if she was as injured as you say, she might be in the hospital." I scoffed.

            "Dude! There are like 18 hospitals in the city."

            "No worries bro." He said patting my back, "I'll help you out, so let's get a map and designate which one of us will check which hospitals." He stood up and grabbed a phone book. I laugh silently, "This is why you're my best friend." I said quietly to myself. He pops his head around the corner, "Dude that's fucking gay." We both laugh; I stand up and go into the dinning room.

Krystina's POV
             I walked for a couple miles with a broken arm, an insane sprained ankle, scrapes all over and some broken glass from beer bottles in my hands, knees and I think I have a concussion... I can't breath to heavy either, my ribs crack and move with each breath. It's amazing how I'm still alive after all that. It's amazing that I'm still alive now! I start getting dizzy, I can't believe I'm about to do this...

            'God... I know I never pray but, the most desperate people resort to things they never thought.... Please protect Aubrey... And Aiden...'.

            I look up at the sky and tears start rolling down my face, "Brody, I promised... And I made it happen... I couldn't save your life but I saved someone's... I told you I always keep my promises... Even if it killed me." I looked down and laughed, "Even if it kills me..." I whispered while unzipping my jacket. I took out my poetry book with my one good hand and my teeth and took out the picture of my family. I kissed Brody's face. "Daddy... Please take care of mom... I'm not gonna be there anymore." Tears rush to my face again, my stomach is starting to hurt, and every time I breathe I feel pain.

            'It'll stop soon.' I keep telling myself.

            I cough and I collapse to the floor crying out in pain.

            "FUCK!!" I yell to the top of my lungs, as soon as I hit the ground I felt myself breaking. My vision got blurry with my tears, "The pain will end. The pain will end." I kept saying to myself as a mantra. Soon I didn't feel much pain, just cold, my tears stopped flowing. I felt at peace... I started to see spots of light... They were the city lights I knew that. I see darkness cover them slowly, I'm finally fading, and it's finally over. All my pain... It's ending. I smile and close my eyes.

            I hear light footsteps.

                        "Krystina."