Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Hayden's POV
"Aiden?"

He scoffs and turns away from me, "Of course not! I mean come on. A girl like that? I mean I don't want a girl with scars like that." My face fell.

"Aiden you know how stupid you sound. Aubrey cuts herself too. She showed me the most recent ones the other day."

"What?!" He turns back to me shocked.

"Yeah... She has the word suicide in big letters across her stomach. She's just as beautiful. There's no way Aubrey could look any less beautiful even with the cuts and scars. She just doesn't have as many as Krystina and are hidden, Krystina is an amazing girl, if you read her book you'd find out the same thing." Aiden paces back and forth. He stops abruptly and looks at me.

"Do you have a thing for my sister?" He asks in a deadly serious tone.

"No dude she's your sister, I wouldn't do that." At least I hope I don't get a thing for her. After reading Krystina's book I found out that Aubrey talks about me a lot, she really likes me and no matter what her brother says she'd defy him. Aubrey is a beautiful girl and a massive sweet heart, but not only is she BARELY legal; she's my best friend's sister. It just wouldn't be right. When she sat on my lap I was taken back but it was cute and I liked it. She was light, and petite compared to me.

"I don't know man." I snap out of my thoughts when I see Aiden slide down against the wall and sit in the floor. I walk over and sit beside him. "She saved my sister's life. Of course I'm going to get feelings for her. And that's what I'm pissed off about... I barely knew her before. I knew of her reputation. Since she saved my Aubrey's life I feel a connection with her... But..." He stopped and sighed.

"But, you're afraid because you like her now, but you know nothing about her." He nodded slowly. "Well, right now you can't ask her about who she is and what her likes and dislikes are, but if you read the book you'll learn a lot about her, and that's a start." He nods again.

I pat his shoulder and stand up, "Ok, get up. We're done with the touchy feely shit. Fans of the teams are gonna starts thinking we're gay and paring us together like Zack and Austin." Aiden laughs.

"Yeah Zaustin. It's scary. But it wouldn't matter because Hayden and Aiden is technically still Hayden just spelt, H-A-I-D-E-N." I pat his shoulder.

"You're thinking way to into this couples names concept for a straight guy." He laughs as I walk back into the room Krystina was in. Once he reads the book he'll get to know her. I just hope he doesn't get mad at Aubrey's section of the book. I grabbed my bag that I accidentally left behind, and walked back to my car to drop Aubrey off at school again.

Aubrey's POV
I sit in the car looking through Hayden's iPod. He has some good songs. It's been 10 minutes, where is he? Just then the door opened and Hayden sat in the seat, "Sorry, your brother was freaking out." I laugh to myself.

"When is he not freaking?"

Hayden looks at me and smiles, "Touché." I laugh and he turns on the car. As soon as the car roars to life I lift his iPod slightly.

"May I?" He smiles and nods.

"You may."

I go back to the songs that start with F. I find Fallen Angels by Black Veil Brides and play it. I smile wide and look out the window. Hayden laughs at me and I look at him.

"What?!" He laughs a bit harder and looks at me.

"Nothing, I just never took you for a girl who likes Black Veil Brides." I smile and push his chin lightly so he looks at the road again.

"Eyes on the road Peanut Butter Cup." Hayden gives me a strange look and I push his chin again to look back at the road.

"What the fuck did you call me and why?" I laughed and leaned back against the seat.

"I called you Peanut Butter Cup and I said it because it's a cute pet name. I love pet names. I don't know why." He laughed and glanced at me.

"So you'd be ok with me calling you something stupid?"

I shrug my shoulders. "Depends how it sounds, and it's not stupid, it's cute." He laughs at me and shakes his head.

"Ok so if I chose to call you Flower or Beads, what would you think?" What the hell.

"Those are TERRIBLE pet names!" He laughs and checks his rear view mirror and laughs.

"Well excuse me Periwinkle." I smile.

"Hey! That's kinda cute!" He looks at me like I have a leaf growing to my nose.

"Are you fucking serious? It's a color!"

"And Peanut Butter Cups are food. Are we through with the obvious?" He smirks and licks his lips, he always does that when he has no come back, I feel like a creeper just looking at his lips, I clear my throat and look at the road ahead of us. "As I was saying, it's a cute pet name; you can call me that if you want." I really didn't sound subtle about that. He shrugs.

"It doesn't sound like a good name for you. I'll think of something and I'll say it when I see you next. Good?" He looks at me with his deep blue-green eyes and smiles; I can't help but feel my heart flutter.

"Sounds good Peanut Butter Cup!" He laughs and looks at the road again. The next song to play was one of my all time favorite love songs. Look After You by The Fray.

I reach over to the volume and Hayden's hand touches mine, I instantly pull away. I can feel the heat rising to my cheeks; he chuckles at me and turns the song up.

I smile at the thought of him turning this song up, I feel like I'm on drugs, I feel so light and giddy. Ever since he read Krystina's book he's understood what she's been through and what I'm going through. It's refreshing to have him be so kind to me.

Hayden's POV
God she has her adorable moments sometimes. It's amazing to have moments like this. I don't think she know that Krystina wrote so much about her and what she said, she even kept all the letters in the back part of the book. That's where I found the majority if how she liked me.

I looked at her to see her rosy cheeks and light smile. I look back at the road and absorb the song.

'Be my baby, and I'll look after you.'

I would look after her. Pinkies and promises I'd look after her. I smile to myself and continue driving.