Chapter 3

It had been two days  since his Majesty had left and it had felt like a decade. Josoline had no idea it would have affected her this way but she couldn't shake the feeling that something was off.

Her heart prayed for his safety. Her nights become sleepless and the words of Hanna kept repeating in her mind..

She had woken up early that morning and had the young maid go riding with her. She had hoped at for her doubts to leave but they kept taunting her. She wondered why she had this doubt but Leo have never given her  reason too doubt him but after all it had been years was he the same man, was she a fool to ignore lady Hanna whom had been here , who called herself a friend back then.

Joseline ran her fingers through her hair feeling frustrated and guilty for second guessing Her king. She was on her way up to the kings chambers she removed the gloves from her hands. She now felt hot in her riding attire, when she walked  pasted the kings library the two guards that held their post nodded greeting her union she stopped, she smiled at them who returned the polite smile.

A thought crossed her mind . Her logics was against it but her stubborn self decided against it.

" King Leonardo had told me he left a book on his table for me in his library . '' she lied eyeing the door both men smiling at her" I'd like to go fetch it "

The men before her seemed pleasant , one was very bulky and short the other tall with tall hair

One guard eyed the next then replied" No worries lady Prescott . The king ordered to make you feel welcome"

Joseline grinned," oh he did" she said clasping her hands.

They nodes opening the door for her. The kings library was a very large room, the high shelf of books on Both sides of the room , Joseline swore this may have had over a thousand in here. A rather large oak table and chair with two hairs before the desk. The room also held a rug of a dead animal in the center of the room with a settee and a few chairs. It had a cozy feeling and Joseline had liked it, the door closing behind her breaking. 
her trance.

She went over to the left side of the room and admired the books, the library in America and the little library on the east wing was nothing compared to this Royal decorated room.

She admired each book her eyes could see then her eyes averted to the desk there it held a letter that was sealed . She walked around the desk picking it up seeing it was addressed to king Leonardo , she pressed her lips and placed it down . She opened his drawers and was rumbling through , she had no clue what she was looking for but she thought it would have come to her when she saw it.

Suddenly the door open and Theo stood there , his lips pressed together and brows knitted wearing a very grim expression. His face still as handsome as she remembered his hair grew longer to his back giving him a more manly appeal.

"What are you doing in here  Lady Prescott?" He asked his voice sounding harsh to her.

"Well"she swallowed. "I was looking for something" she close the drawer with a push of her knee.

"I can see that" he stated walking towards her." But why?"

She prayed she hadn't gotten caught , she cursed internally." I do not think I need to explain myself to you seeing how this his Majesty's office" she replied walking around the desk to the door.

"But of course you do" he answered.

She turned with her hands folded over her chest." And why do you think that?" She retorted.

" Lady Prescott" He started given her a smug look," you are not my brothers wife and all you've been is trouble. Do not think because my brother open his bed to you you suddenly have rights and privileges because lasted I checked you were still a mistress with a list of bed mates "

Joseline inside quivered  as his words cut through her but her face a mask seemed unfazed.," And you are not king so why do you care. You will never be ,so why do you care ... And I will be is wife soon so why does it bother you?" She asked smiling fighting back the tears.

She knew her words cute deep when his jaw muscles flex," I care because a woman like you will never be Queen the only thing my brother have for you is infatuation ...he wanted what he cant have and once he had it, interest would leave. Do you honestly think a woman of your character will be the Queen of the country ..silly girl... "

"And do you think you can ever be king? " She countered," Not even on Leonardo's darkest days you could rule over him. Your just jealous because he got everything and you still walk into his shadow and still can fulfill that."

" I see your American life has teach you to talk back at men"

"I see your British mindset has you trapped in what could have been... excuse me"  she walked out. She exhaled a breath she hadn't realized she held, she walked to her room head held high but as soon as she gotten to her room . She broke down because Theo's words had cut like a sharp sword, she cried because she had cared and she wondered if he was indeed right about Leo.

""Oh Leo my love" she sighed out.

*********

" Do you know what you want at the market Lady Josoline?" Asked sassy as she walked side by side Josoline at the market just outside of town. Josoline eyed the two guards behind her.

" I'm not sure Sassy I just needed to leave the palace tis all" She replied remembering her encounter with Theo. She never expected him to be so cold towards her, She Alway thought they were okay ... maybe not friends but  she thought he favoured her . To her surprised he didn't and he made it clear that she was a harlot and not worthy of his brother.

" Okay" Sassy replied.  Noticing how distant lady Josoline was from the ride here till now." Do you want to look at some vegetables and fruits you'd like or art work" she suggested.

Josoline smiled and walked towards the crowd that was buying peppers and tomatoes. She knew she didn't need any of this but it couldn't hurt to look.

"Hay" Josoline said when she felt someone bumped into her. The guards attacked that person restraining him , she turned to confront the man who hadn't gotten the decency to say pardon  but her eyes met a familiar face.

"Get your hands off me" he yelled but the guards held on tighter." Are you deaf ...do you not see my royal seal" he argued trying to fight them off but was unsuccessful.

" Duke Ethan?" Josoline breath out in disbelief.

His head snapped up in disbelief their eyes clash. He had only heard that voice in his dreams it had hunted him , her had sleepless nights wondering if he'd see her face again and tried to sleep because she only appeared in his dreams.

''Lady Josoline Prescott?"

💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞

Thanks for reading this far. But plz if you like the book vote and comment plz don't be a silent reader.