Other Motives

Word count: 2402

Kai-

I down the last of my whiskey, a stupid attempt to forget my sorrows. I sit in the bar alone. I am alone. After Liam blew my cover...

"Need another?" the bartender asks gruffly.

I shake my head. "Nah, man. I was just leaving." I say as I stand from my stool, throwing a few golden coins on the bar to pay for my drinks. I then leave the small old bar and begin my journey through the fresh winter woods to gather resources and men.

.

.

.

Inside my old friend Josh's office is where I sit. The walls are classy, lined with antique records and dumb human posters of garage bands and crap that is useless for this hunter to have. He sits behind his cherry-wooden desk and sips a cold beer. I sit across his desk in a small wooden chair I pulled up from the table behind me. My motives are clear but Josh seems hesitant to give me what I want.

"Come on, do we have a deal or not?" I grew impatient at the stubborn hunter in front of me. "Lend me some of your men. I have a job I need them for." I reminded him.

"I know what you want, Kai. But is two thousand coins worth it?" Josh said as he took a swig of the beer in his hand. We casually sat in his office in the middle of nowhere. He set the beer down and leaned in closer to me, his large out of shape figure brushing the desk. "What is it you need my men for exactly?" He asks curiously.

I smile evilly and then I share my mission with the old retired hunter. "I'm going to kill the vampire Liam."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alex-

"Come on, Love, we haven't all day!" Liam growled impatiently. I giggled before I shyly walked out of the changing room of the small boutique we were visiting. Liam had insisted this morning that I find a new dress for his 'event' tonight. I had agreed to come try on, reluctantly. I had never been one to like dress shopping. I love dressing up sometimes but its the actual going and trying on the clothes that's exhausting. We had already been here thirty minutes and even Liam was growing bored. This was the final dress we had decided for me to try on. It was a beautiful black dress with a nice sweetheart neckline. It was fitted perfectly in the front to hug my curves and pull out my hourglass figure, but it flowed down elegantly in the skirt and landed gracefully just above my knees.

I walked out of the dressing room and looked in the fully body mirror to examine myself in the dress. Liam was sitting in the plush pepto-pink chair in front of the mirror as he judged every dress I had tried on. When he saw me his pupils dilated and he opened his mouth slightly as if he was going to say something but he didn't. I brushed my sides down as I looked at myself in the mirror. I glanced at his awed expression and a smirk found its way to my face.

I spun in a small circle as my dress flowed with me. "See something you like, King?" I teased as I stopped spinning and raised a playful eyebrow at him.

"I think this dress is slightly less hideous than the others." He pretended to be thinking hard. He then twirled his finger in a circle, "One more turn, love." I giggled and spun again until I was facing him only he wasn't in the chair anymore. "I like this one." His velvety voice came from directly behind me making me jump.

I turned around to face him and he gave me a crooked grin. "Now go pop it off so we can purchase it and get out of here." He smiled before lightly pushing me back into the changing rooms.

.

.

.

I stood in my large white room and stared at myself in the mirror one last time. I wore the flowy black dress we had bought earlier along with black wedge heels and my hair was straightened to perfection. I wore simple winged eyeliner and mascara to top it all off. I felt sad. I had been separated from my mate for a week now and I had no idea where he was or if he was even alive. No. I knew he was alive. A small tear fell from the corner of my hazel eye. Something about being with Liam, I felt less sad. Even though Liam had me here, I was still secretly desperate to escape and find Tyler. Was he still in the wooden cage we both suffered in at the Hunter's camp?