Chapter 3

He pushed me out first, into the body of another wolf much larger than me, he stiffened but didn't move. I scampered away from him, turning to look at the large building in front of me.

It was exquisite, much more lavish than the pack house back home. It was dark, fitting into the forest behind it, covered in polished wood, stacking stones, and windows that sprawled out across rooms. A frigid wind blew, sending a shiver up my arms, it was much colder here than back home.

The Enforcer stood beside me, allowing me to take notice of his mansion. I looked up and him and he smirked back down at me. Even though I wasn't short, he made me feel small. I was lanky, taller than some other human girls but wolves tended to be larger than most humans.

He walked forward, towards the front doors, I stayed back a moment until he turned and I skittered behind him. A man opened the door for us and we walked in slowly. He took a scan of his home, making eye contact with the other men inside, and then relaxed.

He shrugged out of his suit jacket and placed it on the nearby grey couch. He walked forward again, grabbing arms with two other men who sat at a glass table along a light colored wooden backdrop. I stayed back towards the foyer, not knowing what to do with myself.

He spoke for a few moments with the men, smiling and laughing, looking happy for once. I glanced around nervously, looking at the large man who stood next to me, staring down at me blankly.

"Margo," He called for me, extending his arm to beckon me. I stumbled forward, flattening my dress, and took my place next to him. He smiled down at me, and ran a hand over my head affectionately.

"This is the human girl, Margo, as they called her," He introduced me. The men looked me up and down, smiling at Theo again. I shook again, their gazes making me nervous.

"She looks like she's going to blow away with the wind, Theo," One chortled, grabbing his stomach when I staggered backwards.

"Now, now, Cam, be nice to my girl," Theo warned, placing his warm hand in the small of my back.

"She won't last a day with you," The other teased. They were being lighthearted, probably trying to make me feel welcomed but it terrorized me. Tears formed in the corners of my eyes, and I willed them not to drop.

Cam looked at my face, them looked down, sorrowfully. The Enforcer grabbed my arm again, wanting to turn me towards him but I struggled to stay looking away from him.

"Hey," He said softer. My lip wavered once more.

He sighed, put his arm around my back again, and began to lead me to a set of floating, wooden steps. I looked back as I took the first step, begging someone to save me, but they all looked down. Theo pushed me harder, and I trudged up the staircase.

When we reached the top of the steps, we went down a long hallway and turned right. There was a room at the end of the hall, glass doors were covered with a privacy shaded frost. He opened it gently and held it until I walked in. The room was dark apart from the far wall which was glass and allowed light to enter the room. The walls kept with the smooth wood from the first level. A bed sat in front of us, large, white and covered with grey and white pillows. On the opposite wall from the bed was a television on a large, slate grey, metal dresser. There were door opening into a closet and a bathroom.

Theo stood behind me, near the door, watching me look around. I noticed him staring and turned back to him, bowing my head slightly.

"Margo," He said lightly, stepping forward. I took and step back and he stopped momentarily before stalking ahead. "Why are you afraid of me?"