Chapter 5- Meeting the princes

Minori's pov

Even though I was already expecting the pain that was to come from my action, I still could not help but draw in a deep breath as I inflicted the huge wound upon myself.

Blood trickled down my wrist and I wasted no time in wiping most of it onto the cloth that was set aside to test for the virginity of the bride.

Once done, I ripped off a small part of the skirt that I was wearing, despite knowing how costly the skirt was especially  since it was the wedding garment of the favourite princess of the Emperor and all, before pressing it against my wound to stop the bleeding.

Kame only sat in silence throughout the entire procedure. Yet , his eyes that were wide open in bewildrement betrayed how he felt about this whole thing.

My lips pressed together in a wry smile.

He must have felt shocked, seeing the extent that I would go to just so that I would not sleep with him. Not forgetting the fact that he was one of the most handsome looking guy I have ever seen in my entire eighteen years, he must have expected most women to have jumped at the chance to get into his bed.

Unfortunately, I was not one of the 'most ' women jumping at the chance to sleep with him.

" Why... why are you doing so much just to not sleep with me ?" He asked in curiosity.

"Because I would only do it with the person I love,and not anyone else.For what would that make me if I just slept with anybody?" I replied.

His eyes widened once again as he took in what I had just said.

-------------------------------

Kame's Pov

"Because I would only do it with the person I love,and not anyone else.For what would that make me if I just slept with anybody?"

Those words...

Those words that woman had just uttered were too familiar! They were just like what Miya said to me back then...

two years ago...

" I like you. Therefore, I am giving you the privilege to serve me in my bed."

I said in a cocky tone as I lifted her chin with one slender finger .

Her beauty black eyes flashed in anger as she swept my finger off her chin.

" Who do you think you are ? Privilege my ass. I will not sleep casually with anybody . I will only do it with the person I love,and not anyone else.For what would that make me if I just slept with anybody? " She exclaimed angrily .

My eyes widened in shock as I took in her words . It was the first time I heard such a thing and the first time someone actually rejected me.

Yet, I was not angry at all.

And that, could have possibly been the moment where I fell in love with Miya for the first time .

-------------------------------

Minori's pov

Now that everything has settled, I smiled in satisfaction as I checked on my wound, which has already stopped bleeding.

"I'll be keeping this agreement with me. " I said to him as I picked the piece of paper up and folded it before placing it into the pouch of herbs I wore around my neck.

Just then, the door creeked open as someone said  "Your highnesses, it is time to wake-oh, you are already awake."

The maid whom I now assumed to be in charge of waking us , said before giving us a deep curtsey.

Kame gave me a look that I did not quite understand before he put on more clothes and left the room.

What the hell is his problem? Going all psycho  even in the morning? Oh dear, how am I going to spend the rest of my time with him ?

The maid helped me change quickly before telling me that the Emperor requested a meeting with the both of us and I should probably get going now.

I nodded my head before lifting my long  skirt up to step out of the room, but not before seeing the maid pick up the piece or blood stained cloth.

I smirked.

"My baby sister Ke Jing. Ke Jing! I can't bear to see you go. Mongolia . That is so far away from here!"

Upon entering the meeting room , I was suddenly  pulled into a strong embrace of a man.

He sobbed as I stared in bewildrement.

Who is this man ?

My question was quickly answered as another good looking man came over , shaking his head in disapproval as he said "Eighth brother, stop it. You should be happy that Ke Jing is all grown up and ready to start a family of her own."

"But... but fourth brother..." the man whom I now know to be the eighth prince said with a pout .

"No buts. Come on Ke Jing, father is waiting for us." the fourth prince said before pulling my hand gently and leading me towards the throne room.

Wow... I just met the two famous princes of the Qing Dynasty ! Yet, they were totally not what I have expected from all that I have learned from history lessons! In history , weren't they both nemesis that were fighting for the throne? Yet, from what I see, they are actually on really good terms.

Unknowingly, while I was still deep in my thoughts, the fourth prince had already  brought me into the throne room and that was where I saw one of the most powerful and famous Emperors of the Qing Dynasty for the first time.

------------------------------

Author's note

Hey guys, once again, I can't help but apologise for the extremely long time, one year to be exact, since I last posted. I was kindof busy with my studies and I had a major writers block . I sincerely apologise again and I would try to post as often as I can.

Do remember to vote/comment/recommend my story .