Chapter 9: The Apology

Evangeline's POV

I yawned as I slowly stretched on the bed in my room .

Bed? I don't remember going to sleep in my room!

With a jolt, I jumped out of bed, awake and alarmed as the events of yesterday started to replay in my mind.

I had knocked the Phantom of the Opera out with a left hook!

I'm going to see Jesus sooner than planned.

Right then, I started pacing back and forth as I started to think of the many ways Erik could end me if I stepped outside of that room.

But wait a second, Angie. I heard the Voice say, If he wanted to kill you, then who was the one who brought you to your room?

I stopped my pacing as I then noticed an envelope on the nightstand that had a red wax skull on it. It was addressed to me.

I opened the letter and began to read:

Dear Mlle. Evangeline ,
I must offer my deepest, sincerest, and utmost apologies for the abominable way that I have acted and for the way that I had endangered your life. I was ungrateful to your valiant effort to save my life and to nurse me back to health. If it would help me to redeem myself, I request that you meet me in the dining room for breakfast. I wait anxiously for your response.

Your Obedient Servant,

O.G

I let out a huge sigh of relief as I put the letter back into the envelope and got myself dressed.

* A Few Minutes Later *

I wore a pink dress that had a black bow tie in the front (A/N: dress is shown above) that Erik had bought along with the rest of my outfits along with the black boots. As I wandered into the dining room, I stood in awe as I saw a table set with a delicious smelling breakfast and standing behind it, a fully-clothed phantom with a new, white mask that covered every inch of his face, except for his mouth and eyes.

"Bonjour, mademoiselle. I am pleased that you are able to join me for breakfast."

As I began to find a seat, Erik rushed towards my chair and pulled it from under the table.

"Allow me."

As I sat down, he gently pushed the chair in and sat at the other end. I then looked down at the table and saw different types of pastries, fruits, eggs, toast, oatmeal with cinnamon sugar and cream, and bacon along with tea, coffee, milk, butter, and jam.

"Wow. That's a lot of food." I told him, looking at the feast in front of me. He didn't answer. Instead, he watched as I said a small prayer and took a pastry from the table, which was not the slightest bit creepy (note the sarcasm).

As I took a bite, I had to hold back a moan of delight as I tasted delicious, gooey chocolate that was embedded in a warm, flaky croissant. I was tempted to grab another one when I remembered that I didn't thank Erik for making this or even asked him if he ate yet.

"Oh, I am so rude! Here I am about to stuff my face when I didn't even say thank you or offer you anything!" I exclaimed, scolding myself at the same time.

Erik's POV

I was taken aback at my guest's sudden outburst. I didn't eat much, so I felt fine, but I couldn't believe that her eating when I did not would bother her so much.

"Oh no, it's alright. You don't have to thank me. It's the least I could do after the way I acted. All of the food is yours, considering that you were the one that went to the world above to get it. Besides, I'm not hungry."