Chapter Thirteen

Chapter 13

Arabella Baine

“I’m so sorry for whatever will happen next, Bells.” Jake opened the cell door and led me inside. “I’m so sorry for not treating you the way you should be. I don’t know what came over me and I’m just-“

“It’s okay. I understand, Jake,” I whispered, engulfing him into a warm hug. “I can handle this.”

“You’re so brave. I’ve always known that you were hiding something very important,” Jake pulled away looked at me with sad eyes. “Whatever happens today, please promise me that you’d stay strong. Rylan may seem cruel but just… It’s his wolf, Bells. I’ve seen the way he looks at you… He may not have been able to admit it, but I know that his love for you does not compare to what he felt towards Victoria. Rylan can be very stubborn, so please just-“ He hurried out of the cell as he heard heavy footsteps. “Be brave,” he took one last glance before walking away.

“Make sure that no one enters this cell without my permission,” a deep voice ordered.

“Yes Alpha,” Jake whispered. It took me a moment or two before recognizing who possessed the other voice. It was Rylan, but… His voice it was…

His deep, menacing voice kept playing itself into my mind. What is going to happen next? I paced around the small cell as my heart thudded against my chest. It’s only a matter of time now, I thought to myself. Why did I do that? Why did I have to disobey?

“You little bitch. How dare you embarrass me in front of my friends,” his cold voice brought me out of my train of thought. He stepped in front me using his inhumane speed and shoved me against the wall harshly. Pain began to shoot from all over my body. I simply bit my lip, trying to suppress my cries of fear and pain. My body shook, making him angrier.

His once crystal blue eyes turned midnight black as he stared me down and growled. “I…I…Didn’t mean to. They were just being rude and-“ He didn’t let me finish as his hand connected with my cheek. I should’ve known better than to provoke him. He was an Alpha, with a very respectable background. His mate openly disobeying him and being rude to his friends was not acceptable.

“Sorry is not going to cut it this time. They were right all along. I’ve been far too lenient with you,” he looked at me fiercely. Lenient, meaning he did not beat me enough. His large hands picked me up by my shoulders, “It’s about time I teach you a real lesson. Being an Alpha’s daughter, you must’ve been spoiled rotten. Your daddy must’ve given you his whole world.” Lies! I wanted to scream at him and tell him the whole truth, but my mouth remained closed. My life was far from that. My father was far from giving me his whole world… He didn’t even spare me a glance while I was- “Are you done zoning out? Is your attention span that small?” He mocked me as he threw me on the bed.

“I’m so sorry,” I spoke as I finally found my voice. “I’m your mate… Why do you keep hurting me?” I closed my eyes, fear overtaking my whole body. I knew that this was going to happen sooner or later. It has always been like this. Men were all the same. Pleasure was all they wanted. They never cared about how I felt. How dirty I felt.