Chapter 1 - The Betrayal

I ran and ran with all my might. I felt helpless, confused and pain; not within my body but pain within my heart. I encountered different kinds of torture and physical pain but never this kind of pain.

As I reached the cliff, I faced the person who was pursuing me with killing intent. The last person I thought who would ever hurt me in this unfair world.

I faced him.

Tears were streaming down my face non - stop. This was the first time I lost control of my emotions. Id rather face painful torture than face the most painful truth in front of me.

"Why?" I asked him in confusion. I could even hear my voice break. Every letter was like a knife stabbing my throat.

He stared at me with eyes full of hate, disgust, and detest. I almost did not recognize the person in front of me, the loving man I still had love for mere moments ago. I cant detect the warmth he had and those gentle eyes, only extreme hatred.

"Why? Because I loathe you! I never expected that you would grow stronger than me. I, who was considered as a genius, but compared to you, I became trash and will never surpass someone like you!" He said while walking towards me. His voice full of coldness and hatred.

"I exceled to be worthy!  To be with you! Every day I train and study everything so I can walk beside you! To protect you!" I said full of grief. "I love you with all my soul. We agreed that after this 1000th mission. We decide to leave the organization... Please it is still not too late." I pleaded and cried.

I didnt care about all the injuries on my entire body. I knew some of it contained poison; and I know that he is the one who inflicted these injuries.

Isn't it ironic?

I, who was regarded as an invincible assassin; would have this kind of end. I was already starting to feel extreme dizziness because of the non-stop flow of blood from my abdomen.

"Ha ha ha! You really are a fool. Didn't I teach you to never trust anyone!  Did you really expect that all the feelings I showed you are genuine? Do you really know who am I? "He said mockingly with eyes full of disgust. "I was known as a genius when it comes to disguises! Ha ha ha Did you really think the organization acknowledged  you? You are gifted meng -er, so much so, the organization is wary of your existence. You can destroy us if you wanted. So they give me a mission ..."

"Dont ! Dont say anymore! Please! " I cut off what he is trying to say, because i cant endure it anymore. .

Any more words and I can feel my heart being stabbed a million times; much more painful than any physical pain.

"The truth is painful, isn't it meng-er? I, Lan Yunqi never loved you…" his voice was ice cold; like a lightning striking my deepest soul.

Those words, I couldnt digest. The person who said he will never leave me, the person who loved me, the person who promised me happiness.

He was looking at me without a hint of warmth, telling me that all the happy experience I shared with him, his gentleness, and his affection is nothing but a dream.

I was shocked and it was too late; when I felt that he stabbed my heart. He stabbed me cleanly at the crucial point of my heart without hesitation, and full of killing intent. As I slowly accept what was happening, I smile bitterly. This world is really unfair. .

Why wont the world allow me to be happy? Because I killed innocent people? But what could I do? It was the only way i could live.

The organization that I gave my devotion to. Never have I thought of betraying them, but what did i get in return? The person whom I thought was my savior from this unfair life is the person who turned his back and had been lying to me from the beginning.

I was really pathetic.

I looked at him and smiled.  I touched his face gently with my hands full of my own blood.

"You really cannot surpass me Yunqi. I already knew the organization wouldnt trust me. I already planted poison inside of the basement. I was planning to blackmail them if they didnt agree to set us free. It will trigger the moment my heart stopped." I said while smiling full of sorrow, my voice had a hint of mockery.

I slowly walk to the cliff.

" Yunqi. You said I had never made any mistake but youre wrong. It was a mistake loving you. "I said while smiling full sadness.

"But do you really know who I  am ?... ha ha ha..."  I laugh so hard that my voice echo around us.  "I am the poison genius. All my blood was made from highly toxic poison.My blood on your face will slowly enter the pores of your skin. It is ironic that the last laugh still belongs to me! Ha ha ha " I jumped without hesitation. I laughed but I could feel the endless flow of my tears.

" Su Meng..! " He yelled but i couldnt see his expression anymore. Is it hate? Disgust? I didnt care anymore. They wanted me dead? I will also let them accompany me in hell.

As i fell, the coldness and the sharpness of strong winds touched my fair skin. My black blood flowing beside my pale lips, but this coldness was nothing compared to the coldness inside of my heart. Everything was just an illusion! As I slowly closed my eyes, I pleaded that if ever I was be reborn again. Let me live an ordinary life, be a normal woman...

AND NEVER EVER GIVE MY HEART TO ANYONE...

THIS PAIN..

WILL BE ENGRAVED IN MY SOUL...