Chapter 29

Chapter 29
• • •

        The next day, after the girls left, I got a text from Eli.

Hey Crys. So the guys are coming over to my house and I was wondering if you wanted to come?? Scarlett and Savanah too obviously

I smiled to myself and texted back;

Scarlett and Savannah have a nail appointment that I refused to go to, but I can still come! When??

He replied almost instantly;

They're getting here now-ish. You can come whenever though.

Wow. Thanks for the notice.

K. Be there soon!

I ran upstairs to my room and opened my closet doors. I threw on a comfy pair of leggings and one of my even comfier sweatshirts.

I looked like absolute trash but who cared??

It was when I went to knock on my mother's door that I smelt it. The fumes that I had become oh so familiar with.

Alcohol. It was always alcohol. Whenever my life seemed to be getting better, alcohol always had to come in and ruin it again. I didn't even bother to knock on her door. I didn't care to care. I needed to stop giving a fuck.

Tears building up in my eyes, I turned around and swiftly walked down the stairs. By the time I got to my car, the tears had vanished. I wasn't going to cry over this. I just needed to cover up my emotions. Eventually I would believe myself.

When I got to Eli's, I got out of my car as quickly as possible. Whenever I was in my car I would think. I couldn't afford that right then.

When I knocked on the door, Kevin answered it with a huge smile. I walked in.

I have to say, it was weird walking into Eli's house without being thrown over somebody's head..

When I walked into the room where everyone usually hangs out, I was caught by surprise.

Ashton and Eli were wrestling each other on the floor, presumably for the tv remote which was being held away from Eli with Ashton's strong arms.

"GIVE ME BACK THE GODDAMN CONTROLLER!!" Eli yelled. Ashton chuckled and continued to be tackled over and over again by Eli.

I stood there watching for a solid five minutes as the two goons fought for the remote. Kevin stayed by my side, looking amused as ever.

"You literally just attacked me when I was sitting on the couch- you never even had it!" Ashton defended as he stiff armed Eli, who was trying to push Ashton over.

"What happened to Eli?" I asked Kevin, noticing the bruise on his jaw and his arm. Kevin shrugged.

"He enjoys getting himself into petty fights during football games.. he's a crazy cookie that one," he replied, and I chuckled at his 'cookie' comment.

Eventually, Ashton broke free and swore under his breath as he stood up and caught his breath, turning the TV on. Eli rolled over on his back and caught his breath.

I cleared my throat and they both looked up at me.

"K, glad you got that sorted out. Now give it to me," I smiled and reached for the remote, which was still inside Ashton's hands.

He pulled away and looked at me harshly, "you can't just intrude on our night and then ask for the remote."

"I didn't intrude, I was invited dumbass. Now give me the clicker," I stepped closer to him.