Sleepover

Riley is playing Guitar Hero: World Tour. He's stringing Misery Business by Paramore on medium. If you ask me, he can get away with playing hard and still do well. He finished the song and turned to me with a smile.

"Oh umm.. I have some new drawings." Riley handed me his drawing pad and I looked at his recent drawings. The newest one had a rainforest. It had vibrant colors and everything looked flawless and real. The next one, was my mother's face. It looked so much like her. He even got the messy hair right.

 The one after, was our Kitten, Kitters. Riley and I got the kitten last month. Of course, I was there. I was the one who sneaked my mom's Honda out of the extra garage in the backyard. Riley and I had to push it out of the backyard driveway. We were scared of getting caught because I only have my permit and so does Riley. But everything went smoothly. Riley says Kitters is our Kitten. I remember that the day we got Kitters, we stood up all night arguing on who's kitten it was. Riley told me that there was no way he was taking full responsibility for kitters and that we got Kitters together and that if it weren't for us, Kitters would still be at the animal shelter. Kitters actually sleeping on the floor next to the couch. She has dark-brown fur and white furry paws. She has a long tail. I adore her so much. 

The third drawing is of a ballerina. His sister. Donna. Donna is gorgeous. She's funny and a amazing dancer. She just finished Julliard. She's hoping to land a gig on Broadway and that things will fly off from there. She's super talented when it comes to dancing. Everyone is proud of that chick. She really shines.

"I like the Donna ballerina one the most. When are you gonna finish it?"

"I... did."

"It's not even colored in though."

"I don't think it should."

"Let me guess.... your not sending this one to Donna are ya?"

"no."

"You never do. I remember her liking your drawings the most."

"When she was around.. my shit was awful."

"No it wasn't"

"Point is that I want to send her MY best work. I want her to know that I really have progressed."

"She's gonna know anyway."

"That's fine but that's not good enough for me."

"Your over-doing it Rye."

"How?"

"She'll be fine with anything to hang on her walls."

"Ell, that one is done. And I'm not doing more."

"If you say so."

I HAD to send Donna this drawing... even though it had eraser marks and no color. It has character and it's about time that Donna knew what her brother has been up to.

I know I can think of a way to get it there. In Donna's hands.

"How are things with Marie?" I ask Riley

"Perfect. She trusts me. She's really nice. I think you’ll enjoy meeting her."

"Cool." I say. Riley never introduces me to his girlfriends, maybe I'll actually meet this one.

"Yup"

He puts the guitar down. Turns off the Wii and picks up kitters. He lays her on his chest and walks toward the kitchen.

"where you goin Rye?"

"More slices! come on"

"Riley! that’s for morning!!!"