Chapter Thirty-One

This chapter is dedicated to Raiiyah and sweetygirlofall111. Thank you two so much for all your votes and support.

"Tonight happens to be a full moon."

Those words echo in my mind continuously as I look into Max's eyes understanding his meaning.

"How did I not know this?" I question, standing up gruffly to pace around in front of him.

Damn full moon! I should have felt it!

"I don't know but what are we going to do once you go into it again?" He asks me, genuinely curious and I just scoff at him.

Turning back, I place my hands on my hips and look at him. He truly looks nervous which is ironic considering I should be the one nervous.

"Is there anything else to do?" I question, raising an eyebrow.

"I don't know if I can resist you anymore Lena." Max breathes out, leaning his head against the wooden bed head "Resisting you the last time when you went into heat was hell for my wolf and I. When you go into it again this night, after the shift, I doubt I will have such restraint like before."

The full moon coming means I go into heat, like last time. Being a marked she-wolf who hasn't had a child, my body literally craves and hungers to make one.

I walk over to Max, taking his hand in mine and I offer him a smile.

"If you're ready to mate, I'm ready too." I tell him and then he moves his fingers in an attempt to touch me. This makes me realize something and I stand up quickly.

"On second thoughts-" I begin, unable to hold his eyes as I look away. The realization fully hitting me "I'm not ready for the mating." I lie through gritted teeth as I turn towards him "You're right, we should take this relationship slow and get to know each other even more before we take it to that important step."

He stands up, taking lofty strides towards me and my heart begins to pound at the undeniable attraction between us.

"Are you sure?" He asks, his eyes sincere and I look up into them "Because if you aren't ready, I promise I won't touch you. Even if I have to inject myself with werewolf venom to control myself, I will do that but I won't touch you." (Impromptu A/N: You guys all know what 'touch' means in this context 😉)

"I'm sure." I nod "I'm not ready."

And then before he can notice the lies I just told through my eyes, I push myself into his chest.

His warmth and homey scent calms me quickly and I have to bite my tongue to keep from changing my last words.

"Okay then, I respect your decision Lena. I promise not to take advantage of you even when you throw yourself at me in your heat." He chuckles as he squeezes me tighter into him and I remember how I acted the last time. The way I became so bold with him. How I wanted so much to mate with him.

The truth is, it's not that I don't want to mate. I really do. It's just that I happen to have silver hair.

If he mates with me, he will obviously have to undress me first and then see my silver hair. I want Max to find out on my own terms about this seer business and Matthew.

Tonight is the full moon and this means that his wolf will be at it's strongest. Feral, wild and uncontrollable. I on the other hand will be the exact opposite. I will be weak and in heat thinking of very immortal things.