Chapter Seven

Hey guys! Thank you for the comments! I love them! And I'm glad you enjoy the story! 

XOXO

Charlotte

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter Seven

The wolf that found the pleasure to keep my legs held tightly in his grip made anger boil in me. Aiden was hurt, lacking the strength to fight any longer. The three rouges were beating him. And I was helpless. And that only made me more angry. I whipped around in lighting speed, the wolf not expecting me to grab his ear between my teeth and tear it off. 

He let out a howl in pain and thrashed around. 

My cry to help remained unanswered. I wasn't connected to the pack like Aiden was. I won't be until we fully mate. I cursed myself for wanting to wait. 

I pounced on the rouge and he thrashed underneath me, trying to injure me. But I was quick and ruthless. I chewed open in neck, grabbed his jugular and yanked it out. Blood sputtered on my white patch of fur and oozed over his grey coat. It pooled the forest ground. I felt satisfied. Until I heard the rustle next to me. 

Aiden was on the ground under a mass of rouges. He struggled against them and I was pleased to say a few had open gashes on their sides. The three wolves were tearing at his neck and chest, making me wince. Aiden glanced at me for a second and snarled.

'Run, Summer!' I raised my eyebrows. Was this man crazy? Leave him? I will rather die! I began to advance them but he let out a growl and was tackled to the ground. 'I said leave Summer!'

'But-'

'RUN! NOW!' His tone ran through my body and shook me. When I looked into his eyes, they reminded me of none other than Carl. My instincts clicked on and I turned to run away. There was no other emotion I felt right then other than fear. Fear that Aiden was going to be killed. And fear of him alone. Sure he had yelled at me just earlier. But something about his tone, the look in his eyes, it struck me to the core and I was shaken.

I bolted to the packhouse and let out another howl. This time I was meeted by footbeats. 'Summer? What is it? Where's Aiden?' Kyle asked and appeared from behind bushes. I leaped on him and seeked comfort as I nuzzled his fur.

A wolf growled and I looked up to see Marla, his mate. I walked away, my legs shaking with fear. 'Rouges. They...They are attacking him. I wanted to stay but he ordered me away. Oh God! I'm so stupid! How could I have left him?' I sobbed, tears running down my cheeks. Kyle let out a threatening growl and took a step towards me.

'Show me the way.' I nodded and without hesitation, took off back to the fight. Kyle, Marla and Kiera were behind me. Where were the others? 'Dealing with the other rouges.' Kyle told me. Could he hear my thoughts? Hmph. Unfair.

I heard the chaos before I saw it. Kyle roared, picked up speed and tackled a wolf to the ground. They lurched away from Aiden and the other wolves. Marla and Kiera didn't hesistate to attack them. The wolves were taken away from the limp Aiden, three mini fights taking place. 

I whimpered and trotted over to Aiden. His chest rose and fell fiercely. Which was a good sign...right? He must have sensed me because he opened his eyes and let out a growl. 'I told you to leave, Summer.' He moved to get up but he winced at pain and grunted. I licked his gashes and broke arm. He refused to shift human. And I was frustrated. I wanted to see the damage. 

'Shift. So I can care for you.' I whispered softly. He stared in my eyes, shook his head and then moved to lay on his stomach. 

'I have Alpha blood running through my veins. I heal faster than the rest of you.' He tried to stand up but whined and favored his front leg. I glared at him. He was being stubborn. Why?