Chapter 16: The Accident

Tessa's POV

I woke up early this morning because Ed sent me a text at seven. He say that we'd meet each other at café named, Jerome's, and texted me the address. I had to admit that Ed looks like someone I knew but I didn't know who.  I had to meet him there for 10. I was happy that he sent the text so early because today dad was going to do his surgery and I would drop him with Josh's van and if it wasn't for the text, I might have woken up late. I went into the bathroom,brushed my teeth then I went downstairs. Mom was in the kitchen making breakfast. I took a seat by the table.

"Hey, honey," mom said and I muttered 'hey' back. Then Josh came in and took a seat next to me on his phone talking to a friend. I could hear his friend responses.

"You?" his friend asked.

"Yeah, she's pregnant for me," he replied. Oh! This is Jake. Jake is a really hot guy. Ok, I should not think Jake is hot because I have a boyfriend already but he is so damn hot!

"Wow, dude. I'm gonna be an uncle!" Jake replied happily. Jake's really nice. He's an architect just like Josh.  "So let's go celebrate!"

"When?"

"Tonight. Duh!"

"Cool, what time?"

"We'll come pick you up at 8." Jake hung up.

"Ooh... I'm gonna tell Krystal," I teased Josh and he ignored me.

"What're you making?" he asked mom.

"Breakfast," she replied as she went in the fridge. "For your dad," she added in.  Josh groaned and I knew he was about to ask her to make breakfast for him. I went in the living room and lay down on the sofa and watched television. then my phone started beeping off like crazy. I unlocked it and went on twitter and I was getting tagged in a lot of tweets. I read one from @crazyjcbfan4ever!.

'Oh my god! Jamie's dating that blond chick like wtf is wrong with him?'

Then I scrolled down the page and saw good and bad tweets. It didn't bother me because I used to be a hater of Arianna Grande and Josh Hutcherson but I never expressed my views of their relationship over any site. I decided to tweet back to @crazyjcbfan4ever!. Then I decided not to 'cause Jamie mightn't want me to. I watched television for an hour then went to get dressed. I decided to wear shorts, converse, a grey t-shirt with musical designs on the front and a black hoodie over that because it was raining. I wouldn't tell Jamie about the tweet because he'll overreact. I went downstairs and sat on the couch waiting for dad to be ready. I was nervous for my dad but my nervousness compared to mom's, was nothing. Her hands were shaking. She was always by dad's side and offering to do everything for him. She was offering to pick out his clothes, she packed his bag, she even went that far, offering to help him use the bathroom. I pictured in my head my mom helping my dad use the bathroom and shuddered. That thought was disgusting! Then I saw dad coming down the stairs, holding a bag in his hand, and mom crying following him. Dad had a sad look upon his face. I got up and called Josh to give me the keys and he came.

"There are rules in my van," he said and I rolled my eyes at him and put out my right to receive the keys . Josh drove a black Toyota Hilux. "Don't crash my van. Don't scratch my van.  Don't vomit  in my van. Don't eat in my van. Don't drink in my van. Don't slam the doors. And finally, don't have se-"

"Give me the damn keys," I said and grabbed it out of his hands. He smirked and stuck out his tongue. Then we saw mom crying on dad and the colour drained from our faces. It was pretty heart breaking to see your mom cry and Josh and I hated seeing her cry. Josh looked away and I walked to the van. I opened the van and started the engine. I put on the radio and sat in the driver's seat waiting for dad. The I got a text from Lily.