thirty three

When morning finally rolled around, the winter sun streamed through the window and onto the bed, waking me up in the most natural way. I yawned softly as I got my bearings, and realised that Tyler was still holding me as he was when we'd fallen asleep. We must have both slept real well given that neither of us had moved about.

"Good morning baby," his deep morning voice vibrated through me as he spoke from just behind my ear. "And happy Birthday."

"How did you know that it was today?" I turned so that I was now facing him, his arm still draped over my waist and holding me close. I couldn't help but to run my fingers over his perfect features, intoxicated by the way the sun bounced off his bare skin.

"I pay more attention than you think," he chuckled lowly, placing a kiss to my forehead. "Plus Becca told me last night."

"Well that makes more sense," I smiled, knowing full well that her dirty little brain would've had a lot lined up when telling him about my special day. "She's a sneaky one."

"Mmm," he mumbled in reply, pulling me even closer as he began to slowly cover my face with butterfly kisses. He made his way around from my temple to my jaw, before finally connecting with my lips in a passionate exchange. It wasn't anything crazy, since we were still just waking up, but as we lay in bed enjoying each other, the time seemed to stand completely still.

Once we finally pulled away for air, I lay my head on his chest and closed my eyes once again. The golden warmth of the sun on me made it feel like we were in heaven as we were tangled amongst the sea of white bedding.

A little over half an hour later, we finally made our first moves to get up for the day. Tyler insisted that I stay in bed while he made me breakfast, and I certainly wasn't complaining as I watched the half-naked man working his magic in the kitchen. Even the scenic view of the city out the window couldn't compare to the sight of this guy.

"Here you go, m'lady," he spoke as he placed down a tray of food in the middle of the bed. The array was literally something out of a magazine; bacon, eggs, pancakes, waffles, fruit, and some freshly squeezed orange juice that he'd sourced from a grocery store just down the street. It was all displayed so aesthetically that I simply had to take a photo for my Instagram.

"This is incredible," I spoke as he took a seat beside me. "Thank you so much."

"It's my pleasure," he placed yet another kiss to my temple, an action which I don't think I would ever get used to. "I also got you a little something."

Tyler handed me a small box that was topped with a ribbon bow.

"You didn't need to-"

"Just open it," he chuckled as I did just that, pulling the ribbon undone and slowly lifting the lid of the box to reveal a stunningly delicate little silver necklace. It had a simple diamond infinity pendant, which glistened almost magically as it caught the light.

"It's beautiful, Ty," I smiled over at him, placing my hand on top of his.

"Turn it over," he gestured towards the pendant.

I did as instructed, noticing a tiny date engraved on the back.

19.03.21

I racked my brain for what could have possibly happened back in March, recalling that I'd touched town in New York at the very start of the month.

"Was this..," I hesitated slightly before continuing, "the day of my interview?"

"Spot on," he grinned widely. "And more specially, the day that I first laid eyes on your beautiful face. Even back then, I couldn't look away."