Chapter Eighteen: Jewel's Sit Down.

As they all walked down the hall, everyone remained quiet. The hall was long, and filled with cameras. Jewel looked about quietly. She frowned before giving a soft shake of her head, "Luna, Zio, are the two of you feeling alright? Are you hungry?" She looked at the two of them curiously as they walked down the hall. "This complex that we're placing you in is quite large. It's one of the more expensive suites with a hot tub in the room and with much more space then the two of you have been used to." Jewel placed a key card on a vault like door. Once opened, it led to a single door, "Don't try breaking through a wall Zio, it's surrounded by metal. You won't be getting out of that." She looked back at him. Her brow raised before she brushed her fingers through her hair. Once she opened the door, she stopped and looked at Zio and Luna, "Go on then."

'I didn't plan on breaking out.' Zio hissed. Though, he took notice. Jewel wasn't calling him by their lab name that he had been given. He grumbled quietly before giving a light shake of his head and walking in. Luna and the other's not far behind. Zio stood up straight and looked about. His eyes grew wide as he crossed his arms, 'Luna, look, I can stand up straight.' Zio walked about in a circle before letting out a soft barking noise. He lightly cocked his head as he went about the room. 'What is that?' He walked through the room. There was a large window over the kitchen counter. His eyes lit up lightly as he cocked his head.

"Wow." Luna walked into the room. Her eyes wide as she watched Zio stand up straight and stretch. He was quite tall, and that surprised her. The female giggled softly, "Zio you don't have to crouch."

Jewel nodded lightly as she walked over and sat down. "Zio, Luna, before you begin exploring, I do wish to have a word with the both of you about something very important. I need to have a talk with the both of you, please." Jewel's brow raised. She lightly titled his head.

Luna and Zio looked at one another. They both lightly tilted their heads and nodded. Luna walked up to the couch and sat down. She patted the couch as she looked at Zio, "Come on then."

Zio looked back at them. He frowned; lightly groaning, but obeyed. He walked over and sat down next to Luna. The male leaned back and rested his arms the length of the couch. He huffed and gave a stubborn shake of his head. A crackling noise escaped his throat as he looked at the group of people. 'They look afraid, Luna.' Zio hissed, 'I don't like this.'

Jewel placed her hands against one another before leaning forward and looking at the two of them. Her eyes glistened softly before she lightly tilted her head, "We took a look at your test results, Luna." She tossed the reports on the table, "What we found wasn't at all what we expected." Jewel opened the book, "How long have you known about your genes, Miss Luna?"

Luna tensed. Her eyes widened as she lightly tilted her head. The female sulked a bit before looking at all of of them. "I-I don't know what you're-"

Zio grabbed Luna's shoulder. He took a deep breath, 'They already know. There's no sense in lying.' The male huffed and let out a low growl. He grabbed Luna and pulled her up against his arm. 'I won't let them hurt you.'

Luna took a deep breath. She turned her attention away shyly. The female mumbled quietly before letting out a soft sigh, "When Zio came to. H-he told me what had happened. I still don't remember, and I don't know anything else but that. I-I swear." Luna's eyes swelled with tears. She moved back nervously from them. Luna had seen how they treated the dead ones. She didn't want to end up like them being ripped apart on the table.

Jewel held her hands up, "Calm down, it's alright. We understand, darling." She bowed her head, "We want to help you, but we need you to help us. If you two wish to leave here, or stay even, we want your help communicating with the other Irinauts. If you're capable of doing so, then the two of you will stay here where it's safe and under our control. You understand that?" Jewel looked at Zio curiously, "We won't let anyone hurt either of you so long we can help it. You understand that?" Jewel turned her attention back to the blonde, "Luna, can you do this for us?"

Zio made a light crackling noise. He sneered his lip before pulling Luna close against him. The Irinaut knew she was afraid, and when he saw her cry, the male became frustrated. His brow raised. He looked at him curiously before lightly cocking his head. Zio was ignoring Jewel for the most part. His mind was on Luna, and if she was alright. The large beast brought his hand down and gently rested it on her cheek. He brushed his fingers against her cheeks to rid it of tears. Zio shook his head lightly, 'Don't cry. If this is what they wish, then so be it. We are free enough. For now.'

Luna looked at Zio. The blonde placed her hand against his before giving a soft nodd. She turned her attention to Jewel, "I'll do it, but I don't want Zio treated like he's a monster. He wants to help just as much as you, but if he is hurt, I won't help. I-I'll tell Captain Strong I'm a hybrid myself." Luna was serious. She knew that Strong already disliked Zio. If he liked her, she was unsure of. Luna wasn't going to let anyone hurt him. At least, not the crew.

Jewel gave a soft bow of her head, "I suppose we have a deal then!"