Chapter 8

I dreamed of Colson and me, on the day he told me he was in love with me when we were lying on the hood of his car, overlooking the Los Angeles skyline. It was so cliche I couldn't believe it was actually happening at the time. In the dream Colson turned around to face me and instead of telling me he loved me, he told me I wasn't who he thought I was and then suddenly the car was falling down a ditch and everyone I knew told me that they told me so and a baby cried in the background. 

I woke up in cold sweat, still sitting on the floor in the hallway I was waiting for Colson in. The door opened right then and in came Colson with his band. 

He stopped suddenly when his eyes landed on me on the floor. Sweat dripped off his forehead, he had lost his shirt halfway through the concert like he always did and he looked ecstatic like he always did after a concert. The smile on his face faded when his eyes met mine. 

"What are you doing on the floor Cam?" Rook made his way to me and held his hand out for me to take. 

"Sleeping apparently," I replied and took his hand as he helped me up off the floor. 

"Why didn't you sleep inside in the dressing room?" he asked. 

"I was," I looked behind me at Colson only to catch his eyes already on me, "Waiting," 

"For us?" AJ asked and threw his arm around my shoulders. 

"Yeah," I murmured. I had waited for Colson, to demand answers but the dream had left me rattled and I wanted to get as far away from him as possible. 

"We're going out you wanna come?" Slim asked and I shook my head. I just wanted a soft bed to sleep on. Heck even the dirty mattress backstage would do. 

"I'll ask Bobby to take you to the hotel," Rook said, looking at me with concern. 

"Okay," I said weakly and let AJ steer me to where everyone was.

Within the next thirty minutes I'm out the venue, inside of a car and in my hotel room, on my bed. I feel like I've run a marathon so as my head hits my bed I'm out like a light, only to be woken up by the incessant ringing of my phone at five am. 

Grabbing it I'm not surprised to find it's Sandra. She's been calling me for so long now, both her and my mom have been relentlessly trying to get in touch with me. I assumed they found out about me and Colson 'getting back together' and were mad that I didn't tell them. I didn't wanna lie to them anymore so I avoided answering their calls. 

I rejected Sandra's call and put my phone away. Now that I was up, I wasn't going to be going back to sleep any time soon. I go over to the large window and watch the sunrise over London. We were gonna be in this city for another day, Colson always did three concerts here. 

I decided to take a shower and start my day. I was planning on going sightseeing today, no way in hell was I going to stick around at the venue while the band rehearsed again. Getting dressed I walked out of my room and made my way down to the lobby. I walked out in search for a coffee shop, a part of me wanted to skip breakfast, a part of me felt like I didn't need to eat- I was fine but then I reprimanded myself. I had to eat.