Vampire Guardian: Chapter 13.

Unforgettable - French Montana ft. Swae Lee

Chapter 13

"I'll talk to you later bye." I wave at my friend, Fran when we part separate ways after class. I walk through the campus alone feeling the warm sun on my skin. I put my hair in a bun before reaching the main building on campus.

"Hello I would like to make a payment." I politely say to the woman behind the counter. I pay for this month of college through my financial aid. I put my wallet back in my bag and when I turn around someone presses a bouquet of flowers against my chest. I look up to see Peter staring down at me with a half smile on his lips.

"Hi," His voice is shy when he talks. I glance at the flowers he's holding before stepping aside. I walk out of the office building and scurry on the sidewalk. "Scarlet wait!" He follows behind, cutting me and making me stop walking.

"Where were you? Was I uninterested so you left and never returned my calls?" I start and he frowns while bringing the flowers down his side. He squints from the sun and rubs his eyes in pain. He groans before putting his sunglasses on. I roll my eyes and I proceed to walk past him but he stops me once again.

"No I had to go back home in Mississippi. I'm sorry." I stare at him with my lips parted. I can't see his light eyes through the shades but I know he's staring back at me. In the back of my head I think about the night I saw him with the girl at his complex. Is he lying?

"You couldn't have shoot me a quick text?"

"I-it was an emergency. I didn't really think." Pity engulfs me and I rub my face.

"I'm sorry I feel like an asshole right now." He shakes his head, running his cold hand up my arm.

"No, no it wasn't you. Don't worry about it." I bite my bottom lip looking around the campus. Peter chuckles to himself and nudges his shoulder against me. "You missed me didn't you?" I scoff.

"No I was just lonely." I cross my arms over my chest as we both walk together down the sidewalk.

"So you liked my company?"

"No," I snap but I roll my eyes. "Well-maybe yes. I did."

"Good news! I'm not leaving so we can hang out as much as you want." We reach my car and I lean against the drivers door.

"Is everything okay though? I'm guessing it was a family emergency?" I ask feeling a bit bad about being a bitch to him earlier. He thinks for a bit before nodding.

"Yeah my grandpa is in the hospital so I had to go see him."

"Oh I'm sorry to hear that." A fog of silence engulfs us before he brings the flowers back between us.

"Forgive me?" He gives me a cheeky grin and I grab the flowers from him.

"Fine but only this time."

"That's my gift in return."

"In return of what?" I open my car door and I get in it. He keeps the door open and sticks his head inside.

"Saving you." I think about it before nodding.

"Okay sounds good to me." I place the flowers on the passenger seat before putting my seat belt on. "Do you need a ride home?"

"No my car is parked in the other parking lot." We stare at each other before he leans down and kisses me on the cheek. "See you later?" I smile, feeling the coldness of his lips on my warm cheek. I try to cover the redness on my face by turning the other way.