the scariest thing is not the ghosts, not the devil, but humans ourselves

not the ghosts, not the
devil, but humans
ourselves.

01 September 2017
11.04pm

JEON JUNGKOOK

After drinking cans of beer, all of us were still sober. We were playing games and running around, doing all sorts of things.

"Guys, why don't we all play hide and seek? I've always wanted to play hide and seek here with you guys!"

I suddenly spoke, gaining everyone's attention.

"Hide and seek? That sounds like a good idea! Jungkook's house is so big it has 3 floors so we should have a lot of places to hide."

Taehyung's eyes sparkled in excitement.

"Are you sure it's okay? I mean, this house is so big we might get lost."

Hoseok shivered, eyes darting around the room. I did agree with Hoseok though, sometimes I myself got creeped out for no apparent reason. The house looked very creepy, with little source of light along the hallways, giving out chilly vibes. Especially at night, gushes of wind blew into the house, as if they were signals sent from someone.

If people were looking from the outside, they might think it was an abandoned house with no one living in it. On the inside, well, it looked like a typical mansion from a horror movie. Seriously though, this house that could fit like a hundred people.

Some people might be envious though, because all the furnitures were pretty expensive, and the mansion was fancy enoughㅡ an outdoor swimming pool, a flower garden and a yard. It would be everyone's dream to live in it.

"Hyung, don't be a chicken! We all have our phones with us right? We can communicate with one another if we get lost!"

Taehyung waved his phone playfully.

"Yah, who are you calling a chicken?"

"Guys, let's not waste time. It's getting later and later, the more time we lose, the more scary it gets."

Jimin gulped nervously.

I laughed uncontrollably, knowing that Jimin would obviously be scared at this kind of times.

"Yah Jungkook what's so funny?"

I immediately shut my mouth up before getting into trouble.

"Not you too Jimin. Do you really think there are ghosts in Jungkook's house?"

Yoongi raised his eyebrows, disappointed.

"That's notㅡ"

"If you are scared then don't participate in it. As simple as that."

Jimin's expression darkened and gritted his teeth, looking like he was really upset with the older's words.
The both of them were often seen arguing these days, none of us knew what on earth was going on between them. Someday back then Namjoon even caught the both of them fighting in the dance studio and they were pretty badly injured. I was actually surprised that they were willing to see each other's faces for my birthday celebration. Bringing back to present day, Jimin clenched his fists like he was going to punch Yoongi but then Namjoon spoke,

"Okay people calm down. Don't ruin Jungkook's birthday. Let's play scissors paper stone and split into teams for the seekers and the hiders."

Jimin and Yoongi looked at each other then shifted their eyes to me in guilt. Jimin mouthed a 'sorry' to me and Yoongi just looked away. I smiled and shrugged. Thankfully they didn't pick a fight.

Then, we started doing as what Namjoon had said .

After a few games of scissors paper stone, the results were out. A 'beep' sound vibrated in our phones and we unlocked to see a message sent by Namjoon in our group chat.

NAMJOON:
So the teams are as followed
in case you forget your teammates

Yoongi & Jungkook ;
The Seekers
Namjoon & Seokjin ;
The Hiders Team One
Taehyung, Jimin & Hoseok ;
The Hiders Team Two

"Everybody have their phones with them?"

"Yes!"

"Remember, we should stick with our own team mates throughout the whole time so if one get lost they can have accompany."

"Okay!"

"Let the game begin, shall we?"

a/n ; are you excited like me? 🌚