24 - Esteban Ocon ✔

We can't be friends with benefits anymore.

For:sariitiisima

Inspired by: If I Get My Way; Little Mix

-

It has been already 2 years since you have spoken with Esteban. You have been great friends since childhood when you two were playing on the playground in Évreux. As time went by, you two were more and more inseparable. Although he was racing around the world, he always found time to hang out with you. One drunk night drastically changed your friendship. Because you were single and sexually frustrated, you liked the idea of the no - strings - attached relationship. Although it was a little bit hard with your still growing feelings for your best friend.

Everything was great until Esteban met Elena. A beautiful blond model with big green eyes. She is everybody's dream, no wonder that he instantly fell for her. He was talking about her every day and dreaming about her every night. It was annyoing and breaking your heart. But you had to put on a brave face to look like a supportive best friend. Although your heart was bleeding every time her name left his lips. Elena liked him too, she liked the attention she was getting. Esteban was head over heels and easily forgot about you, about everything you've been through. He didn't need you anymore, he had his sweet little Elena, who was his world. Of course, it hurt you, because you have lost not only your best friend but also a man you were in love with. He completely cut you off. He moved to Monaco, he didn't even bother to say goodbye. The following months were painful, full of tears and sleepless nights. In the end, you managed to get over him. You stopped following him on social media, you also erased his phone number to start a new life without Esteban Ocon in it.

-

You frowned when someone knocked on the door of your Évreux apartment. You quickly glanced at the clock to see that is around 22 o'clock. You had a frown on your face as you walked to the door. To your big surprise, it was Esteban. 2 years haven't changed him, he still looks as you remember him.

"Hey, can I come in?" he sent you a weak smile. Although you shouldn't, you let him in. He is just an acquaintance, nothing more. You offered him something to drink, but he politely shook his head and sat on your white couch.

"Ok...what brings you here?" you sat next to him, but also kept a space between you.

"I need someone to talk to," you raised your eyebrows. Why is he not talking to his lovely Elena? She would listen to him, wouldn't she? Unless she is swinging her hips on the catwalk right now.

"I'm actually surprised that you still remeber I exist," you snorted and looked away, "you have Elena after all," you said bitterly, swallowing a lump in your throat.

"We broke up," your eyebrow raised even higher at the news you've heard. What you heard from Esteban's friend Dorian, their Instagrams were even yesterday still full of their cute couple photos. Dorian is not fond of this relationship as well, because Esteban suddenly doesn't have time to hang out with him too.

"Out of the blue?" you asked and secretly checked Esteban's Instagram to see that all pictures with Elena are gone.

"We had an argument," he said and nervously scratched the back of his neck.

"About?" You slowly became annoyed with his short answers. 

"You," Esteban muttered underneth his breath.

"Excuse me, what did you say?" you frowned. Esteban took a deep breath, and finally looked at you.

"We had argument about you." You opened your mouth, but nothing came out.

"M-me?" you stammered hard. Esteban nodded his head and shifted closer to you. Your stomach was doing wild flips as his arms gently brushed over yours. All the feelings you used to feel were slowly coming back.

"I missed you Y/N, you have no idea how much. But Elena didn't let me see you. She was doing everything to keep me away. The truth is that I've never stopped thinking about you. I want us to be what we were before," he slowly caressed your cheek. Normally, you would blush and look away, but not today. You won't to fall into his trap again.

"We can't be friends with benefits anymore," you sternly said and moved away from him, leaving him sitting there all perplexed.

"Why? I told you..."

"You really think that you can come to me after 2 years without any contact and everything will be like before? I'll be the good old crying shoulder you sometimes fuck? Do you really expect me to be the patch on your broken heart? And then what? You'll meet another model chick and throw me away again. No, thank you," you snorted and stood up with his back to him, "I'm not your toy!"

"What are you talking about?" Esteban exclaimed and you could feel that he is standing too.

"You really don't get it, huh? You have no fucking idea how hard it was for me to forget about you at nights. How I wished that you would dream about me and not about her. You have no idea how many sleepless crying nights I had because of you. And then you show up out of nowhere, expecting to be my friend again? After all you've done to me? " It's out. You said everything you had been holding inside for so long on your heart. You were standing with your back to Esteban, not daring to look at him.

"You loved me?" Esteban carefully asked. You closed your eyes and slowly nodded.

"Yes Esteban, I loved you. But all I got back was only pain and hurt. I think it will be better if you leave. I don't want to go through all of this again."

"No." you turned back to see him with crossed arms over his chest.

"You are breaking my heart even more by being here Esteban! Go find yourself another model and leave me alone!" you shouted, but Esteban didn't move, still standing in front of you with a smirk.

"What if I tell you that I love you?" you froze, all words got stuck in your throat.

"You don't love me, Esteban," you coldly said after a few seconds of silence.

"How can you be so sure?" he tilted his head to the side.

"If you loved me, you would have told me earlier. And don't even try to say that you were afraid, I don't believe you. You are saying it only because you feel sorry for me, not because you have real feelings for me." you shook your head, watching Esteban coming closer to you.

"Let me show you," Esteban smiled, and before you could say anything, his lips were on yours. You kissed several times, but every time something was missing. Love. And that's exactly what you felt in this kiss. That this time, he means it for real.

"Is this real?" you asked after you broke apart, and Esteban nodded his head with a smile, "when did you realise..."

"It took me some time to realise that she is not the right one. But I really don't wanna hear her name now. This night I just want to fix everything what I screwed. Just give me a chance to take a care of you and show you my love," he gently caressed your cheek, gazing into your eyes.

"As long as you'll be mine, I'll be fine," you smiled and softly kissed his lips.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Well, well, well. This is a very old request and I was honestly really struggling with this one. So I decided to put it away and wait for inspiration. After a very long time it came and here we are! Esteban is not in F1 now, but who knows...