Chapter 17

His warm lips felt so good against mine. Though it was too wrong but I couldn't push him away. His arms snaked around my waist keeping me secure and more closer to his chest. Our lips moved in sync like they were made for each other, perfectly fitting into each other. His lips left mine and a cold air rushed between us. He looked deeply into my eyes with so much love which I had only seen once when he was remembering his wife. I thought he was going to let me go but his next step surprised me more as if I was not surprised enough from the first one. He pushed me into a nearby wall softly but anxiously like he has no patience left and kissed me one more time. This time time his kiss was more fierce and demanding. He bit my lower lip, asking for entrance. I kept my mouth closed not wishing to give him what he wants, not yet. When I thought he would give up, his one one hand cupped my face while his other hand travelled to my lower back and squeezed. A gasp escape my mouth which he took as his advantage and snaked his tongue in my mouth. What a cheater?

I couldn't think straight as his tongue started devouring me. I also tried to kiss him back with an equal force but couldn't. Due to height difference I had to tip toe in order to kiss him but he made it easier for me as he lowered his head. My hand around his neck slowly massaged his hair. His hands on my waist pulled me towards him and as a result I felt grinding against him. Thought it was for a mere second but I felt those cunning butterflies again in my stomach. He also groaned as if he was in pain. The way he was exploring me with his tongue, I thought he could never get enough of me but eventually we were out of breath and had to pull apart. I don't know about him but I was breathing heavily and I am damn sure my lips were swollen because he kissed me like an animal. Although we pulled apart but he still didn't budge from his position. His hands were still caressing my face as he stared deeply into my eyes.

"Emma...." He whispered slowly and..... Wait! What? How does he know my real name did he found out or...? His eyes widened as he realised what he had said. He slowly backed away leaving me breathless wanting for more.

"Sorry! you should go now." He said as he turned around swiftly and walked back to his bed leaving me breathless.
What was that? Like seriously he is like nothing happened between us just now. I decided to leave his room and walked back to mine. Why didn't I pushed him back? What's happening to me?

And then after debating with myself for hours I came to realisation that...

I have deeply fallen in love with Zack.... Again!

After this revelation , I was acting like a zombie next day, except of the grunting of course. Only two days were remaining and I still feared of him leaving me. What will I do when i get something I longed for so long? I didn't had any reason to stay alive. I was already sick of living, sick of facing pain again and again.

I was pulled out of my thoughts as I heard a ringtone. Cameron!
I picked up the call without having a second thought.

"How's my princess doing?" His voice filled my ears. I rolled eyes as he said my nickname given to me by him.

"I want to meet you Cam. It's about Zack." I don't why I'm doing this but now I have to be a little selfish.

"Okay meet my in an hour in the coffee shop." I said goodbye and got ready to leave. Before leaving I decided to check on Zack. This time I just sneaked into his room without knocking.

"So now you are just gonna sneak into my room without knocking. You know I can smell you anywhere." Although it was not a compliment but I still managed to blush somehow.

"I was just going outside so I thought I should check on you." I played with fingers as he looked towards me.

"Going? You are gonna be back soon. Right?" His voice held so much pain like he don't want me to go.

"Im gonna be back soon. I promise!" I said turned away to leave but before I could leave, his voice stopped me.

"I love you!" My heart felt like it could burst any minute now. I could not breath. Liking someone is another thing but loving someone is something real. What should I do? It felt like if don't reply him now then I'm gonna regret it my whole so I said which I kept hidden in my heart.

"I love you too Zack."

I left the building after that. He didn't say anything but his smile was enough for me to know that he was happy. I felt a different type of heaviness after leaving him, like it was the last time I'm gonna see him talking to me, but I chose to ignore it and continue walking. The sky today was filled with back clouds as if even they are sad over something. The cold wind was blowing in opposite direction as if asking me to go back to Zack.

I entered the coffee shop and I found him sitting on a table near the window.
He acknowledged me as I took seat across him.

"Woah Emma no kiss for your prince huh!?" He suggested as he wiggled his eyebrows. I would've laughed at this but I was not in the mood right now.

"Cam I have to talk about something." He immediately put on his serious face.

"Yeah go on." I gave out a sigh.

"I can't do this anymore Cam, I can't poison Zack anymore." I let it out. I know I'm being selfish but I can't help it anymore. I have to forget my past to have a future with me in it or else I don't think I'm gonna survive. Cam looked at me but didn't say a word. His expressions even didn't changed for a sec. Slowly his lips twitched,

"I knew you were gonna say that but you know that we can't save him now.... Even God himself can't save him." He carefully said as if explaining to the child.

"I know but look there's still the chance at least we can hope. If I don't give him that last pill then maybe he can survive." I know I was on the verge of crying but still held my tears before he could see it.

"That pill is already given to him." His this statement shook my world. He was too calm and it was not normal. I know if he's angry then he shows his anger, if he is happy then he's extra giggly but today something was wrong.

"By whom?"

"Anna!"

His this answer was enough for me to jump it of my seat and run towards the building. I could hear his call in the background but only one thought was circling in my head that Zack's gonna die... My Zack and all because of me.

The cold wind rushed through me as if it could even touch my bones in the process. This time I didn't even said sorry to the people I bumped into. My breath was fastened with every second.
Then the moment I dreaded finally came....

The building came into my view!