Chapter 7 - Glide Like A 747

***CONNER***

The first thing I think of when I see this other Kara drop in with her boyfriend Mon-El (there's another Kryptonian in this world?) is, rather selfishly, a jealous one. A thought along the lines of Why am I the only single one in this place? Cisco twitches, as if hearing my thoughts, and I amend my thoughts with a quick apology just in case his Vibe powers include telepathy. And then another revision, though back to the jealous realm - not just me lamenting my single-tude, but wondering, Why does everyone in my family have beautiful love interests and not me? I mean, seriously. Diana, Barry, Mon-El...maybe I'll get similarly lucky?

Perhaps with Jesse, if I stay here long enough. Of course, being back on the Earth where the Luthors used to torture me isn't doing my psyche much good, but so far I haven't exactly had an episode over it. Not even when Other Kara and Mon-El unveiled "Lexy" together. I might start calling him that too, to diminish the power this particular bugbear has over me. Could I maybe do the same with Lena? Call her "Lenny" or something?

Against my better judgment, I find myself drawn to Other Kara and Mon as they bring "Lexy" to some secret room for interrogation somewhere. They let Other Barry and his buddy Jax, as well as Jesse, take over said interrogation. In Kara's words, "He was here to screw around with you guys. We were just in the neighborhood."

"Yeah, we're not too proud to let you run point," Mon says with a wink. I take a step closer to him, and he turns around to see me. "Hey, dude. Who are you?"

"Someone with a little bit of, uh, personal experience with this guy."

"A score to settle?" asks Other Kara. "I'm almost tempted to let him in there."

Mon shakes his head, snickering. "Save the anger for a last resort, I'm thinking." He holds out his hand. "What's your name?"

"Conner." I shake his hand. "Or, in the, uh, old tongue, Kon-El."

"Haha, I like that name. Rhymes with mine. So are you a Kryptonian or a Daxamite?"

"Kryptonian," I say. "What's a Daxamite?"

"Me." Mon points to himself, drawing my attention to his broad chest. Body goals right there, perhaps when I'm more 100% finished pubescing as opposed to my current ninety or so. The last ten percent is the slowest, though, which really sucks.

"You don't know what Daxam is?" asks Other Kara.

"Was," Mon says. "Just like Krypton. Our planets are sisters."

"Oh." I frown at the thought. "No, I...I never knew about another planet. I don't even remember Krypton. I was a baby when it blew up, and then I wound up here after a side trip to the Phantom Zone..." I peer through the one-way glass separating us from the interrogation room. "This guy found me. I wasn't so lucky like my cousin and my brother." Looking at Lex brings back a few more bad memories, so I turn away. "So are your powers just like ours?" I ask Mon.

"Maybe not quite as strong, but very close to it, contrary to popular belief," says Mon. "Especially now I've been on Earth for a while and gotten my people's drugs out of my system for good."

"Super strength under a yellow sun?"

"Check."

"Super speed?"

"Hell yeah."

I make a mental note to advise Barry to challenge Mon to a race, see which Kara has the speedier boyfriend. "Kryptonite vulnerability?"

"Not to kryptonite, but to lead."

Doesn't make him much different from humans in that respect. And now for my personal favorite power: "Flight?"