Trapped Souls

I'm out of school today and feeling terrible. felt like typing so to take my mind off things I'll type up another chapter. It might not be good or long but it's better than nothing I assume. Here we go. Enjoy.

Chapter 9: Trapped Souls

Crimson walked through the halls of the abandoned school. She was wary of any vengeful or restless spirits that might attack her. Currently she was trying her best to find her way to the classroom she saw earlier. There was a desk that she didn't get a chance to look through. She hoped there was some sort of clue there.

"I hope I can help them. I can't imagine how bad they all must be suffering here." Crimson said to herself.

That made her think about her dream. The little girl...had that actually happened here? Who was that horrible man?

The young girl made it to the class without any disturbances. She walked in and closed the door behind her. She walked to every desk making sure she hadn't missed anything.

After finding nothing she checked the desk at the back of the room. The one she missed before. She walked to it and began looking through it. There were some papers inside. Picking them up she placed them on the desk and searched through them. Crimson looked for anything that might stick out.

She stopped when she saw something interesting.

"What's this?" It was a piece of paper with names written on it.

"Rachel...Matthew...Lydia..." Crimson made out some names.

It was hard to read due to bad writing and it being worn out.

"It's like a child's writing. I can't make it out." Crimson said.

She studied it some more until she heard noises coming to the classroom. Crimson panicked and quickly grabbed the papers looking for somewhere to hide.

"Here..." A voice came from the door.

Crimson hid in a corner behind a desk. She waited for the voices to pass.

"I heard something...in here." Another voice said.

The girl's eyes widened as the door opened. She held her head down and shut her eyes. The voices had walked in and began searching. She hoped they didn't find her.

Crimson kept her breathing low and didn't dare to look up. She didn't want to see what the beings looked like. Their voices were scary enough to hear. They rummaged around the room looking for any sources of life or intruders.

After about five minutes the two left after unsuccessfully finding anything. Crimson sighed as they left the room closing the door. The girl slowly crept out from the desk and crouched toward the door to see if they were completely gone. She saw nothing as she looked out to the hallway. Crimson sighed as she crept out into the hallway heading back to the main hall.

-

Crimson walked into a room that seemed safe after checking. She closed the door and kept the lights off. She got out her flashlight and found a table to set the papers on. She spent along time looking through the papers to find out some more about the school and its secrets.

So far she gathered some names. Assuming it was the student's friends. Judging by the writing they must have been young. In first grade maybe. She also picked up a few of the staff's names. She didn't know their specific roles of each but it was something.

"I wonder if they all died here." She thought.

Suddenly an image popped up of a man with a horrid face. Crimson stumbled back.

"Ugh. What was that?"

She keeps having images.

Maybe it's someone trying to communicate with her. Tell her something.

Rebecca.

Crimson shot up. Did she just imagine that.

"No. I heard it. A voice." It said Rebecca. "Rebecca?"

There was a low moan. Sad almost. Crimson looked throughout the room stopping at a faint glow from behind a shelf.

The girl walked to the shelf and carefully peeked behind it. She took a glance at the floating orb before fully stepping out. It wailed as it floated back. Crimson stopped her movements.

"It's fine. I'm not gonna hurt you." She spoke softly.

Images of the little girl came across her mind.

"Oh. You're the little girl. The one in the white dress, aren't you?"

The light flickered.

"Rebecca? Is that your name?"

The light kept flickering.

Instead of vanishing it took a shape. The form of a little girl. She had long hair and wore a white dress with white dress shoes. There was also a little bow on her head. She looked up with sad eyes. It looked like she had been crying. This broke Crimson's heart.

"Oh no. You've been crying sweetie."

The little ghost girl looked up. She sniffed.

"You know my...name?" She spoke quietly.

Crimson smiled. "Yes. You wrote some papers with names. You also have been giving me visions and dreams. Haven't you?"

The little girl slowly nodded her head.

"It's ok. You're not in trouble. You've been helping me actually. Without you. I would not be able to figure this all out." Crimson spoke.

The girl smiled. She got up and walked away. Crimson got up and followed her.

"Wait." She tried to keep up with the girl.

It seemed like she was leading her somewhere.

The light faded into a door. Crimson walked to the door. She paused in front of it. She was reluctant but grabbed the handle and turned it. She opened the door slowly, noticing some stairs.

"Wonder where this leads."

The little girl went in here so she must want her to go down. Crimson shown her light and took a deep breath before walking down the steps.

-

Sorry for such a short chapter but I at the moment am very stressed. I don't even feel like continuing this story right now. Please understand that I will try to come back but as of right now my life is shit and I hate everything. I need to fix myself before I can focus on anything else. I'm sorry but for now I won't be uploading anymore for this story or any of my other stories. I might upload a finished story I typed up on here but I'm not sure. Until then farewell. See ya guys. Bye.