14

Chapter 14

Haley woke up in the morning and started to stretch out her limbs when she hit something. She heard a groan and realized it wasn't a wall but looked to see that she had hit a sleeping Xavier. Haley quietly crawled out of bed and got clothes from her closet. She went to the bathroom to take a shower and change and then she went down stairs into the kitchen. Natalie and Bethany were in the kitchen and greeted her. Natalie sent a big white smile to Haley who returned it with a nod.

"Good morning honey. Are you okay?" Bethany asked as she set a plate of has browns in front of Haley and eggs in front of Natalie.

Haley ate about half the plate which really surprised her and Bethany. Tyson came into the kitchen rubbing Haley's head and kissing her forehead. Haley hugged him showing that she missed him. They pulled apart and he walked over to Natalie and kissed her. Haley liked how happy the two seemed just in each other's presence. Tyson looked behind Haley as he sat down and shook his head.

"We have to go home. Let's get you some of your clothes." Xavier spoke and caused Bethany to frown.

Grabbing the paper that was left of the table from last night Haley started to write.

'What about school?'

"Oh honey you don't need to go. I will take care of everything." Bethany nodded to Xavier who nodded back.

Haley went to her room and started to pick out a few clothes. She didn't own a lot and some stuff didn't fit anymore so it was quite easy for her to pick out her favorite things. She walked down stairs with a bag in hand holding half of her wardrobe.

Everyone was waiting down stairs for Haley. She hugged them all including Natalie. Steven whispered that she could come over any time in his hug. Then Xavier and Haley got into the car leaving back to Xavier's pack.

Nothing happened for the next few days. Xavier would come to bed late and leave early before Haley woke up. When Haley did see him during the day he would always pull her to him or into his lap. Haley thought it was weird at first but now she enjoys his touch and feeling of safety from just being around him.

This morning Xavier had already left to his office when he got a report of rogues crossing into his territory. They caught them all and brought them to a place similar to a prison where Xavier questioned each one of them. He had beat the men but kept them alive as they didn't answer anything and might possibly have answers later on.

While Xavier was handling the rouges a warlock slipped past completely unseen and he was heading straight for Xavier's house. Like the rouges he was on a mission. A mission to get a message to Haley.

Haley was still sound asleep in the room but that was perfect for the warlock as he preferred to be unseen and he could now do whatever he wanted because she was asleep.

He was now in the room looking at the wild hair of a sleeping Haley. The warlock was to just tell Haley about the danger she would be facing and to watch out if she wanted to stay alive, but that would be to simple. He wanted to cause her some type of physical pain for making him go through the loss of his son all cause by Haley's father. Real father.

Haley woke up so see a note on the bedside table. She looked at it and frowned.

It read. 'You have caused this chaos and you will soon wish you were never conceived. Watch your back or fall into my trap.'

No one has signed it and it made no scenes to Haley so she ignored it thinking it could possibly be a joke and was definitely not for her, as she sat up. An excruciating pain shot up her side causing her to fall back with a whimper. She removed the sheets to see what happened to find the sheets stained a crimson red.

Xavier had just beat several rogues. As he walked back to his home because he got a scenes of something wrong. He didn't know what or why but he hurried back looking for his mate who was dizzy and starting to go unconscious from loss of blood. He ran up to his room finding a shallow breathed Haley bleeding out in their bed.

He mind linked his beta and the pack doctor to come to his house. His beta Reid arrived almost immediately and the doctor was soon behind him. He ran in getting straight to work by removing her shirt. Xavier was not a fan of this action but controlled himself knowing the doctor was here to help his mate.

The wound was cleaned and green ooze started to seep out of it. The doctor stopped his work and just stared. He had seen this before and out of the only three times he saw this in his life one out of the three survived. They had only made it six months after.

Pack doctor Stewart knew he had about an hour or so before she goes into shock and dies on the spot but he had nothing to cure her here.

"Pick her up we're going to the infirmary now. We need to hurry." He spoke quickly but calm.

Xavier picked her up with the bedsheets covering her body. They rushed to the infirmary where she was laid down on a bed.

Doctor Stewart asked both men to leave as the Alpha would possibly rip him apart for extracting the venomous ooze and burning his mate to kill whatever was left in her and sealing everything together.

Reid and Xavier sat outside of the room waiting for anything. Laura, Reid's mate came walking into the infirmary looking for her mate and Alpha because she started to worry when eight hours had passed without any sign form ether of them.

She slowly walked in and sat on the opposite side of her mate with her hand on Xavier's shoulder. She had no clue what was running through his head and she could never imagine being in his position but she thought of him as an older brother that she had to show love and support too.

"It will be okay, she's strong. She has to be if she's mated to you. Take your mind off of it. Go home. Get cleaned up and eat something. I know your starving. Reid will go with you. I'll stay here with her and mind link you if anything happens." She spoke quietly in her motherly and convincing voice.

"I can't leave her." Xavier's deep voice was horse and raspy.

"Yes. You still need to take care of yourself because there is a pack that needs you. There's nothing you can do for her right now. I'll be here." She finally convinced him as he nodded his head lightly still reluctant to leave but knowing his pack needed him.

Xavier huffed standing up with Reid following him. Reid lightly kissed Laura and walked to the pack house. About ten to fifteen minutes later Doctor Stewart walked out looking tired and held a sad, weak smile.

"She's gotta be okay doc." Laura said knowing their ruthless Alpha would become dead inside if anything happened to his mate.

~
AN: will Haley be okay?!?!?! Omg!!!

Laura in media😁