Raven Soul - Chapter Two

Blair's pov:

"Right on time honey!" Mom said.

"You've got to be kidding me." I mutter under my breath.

"Alright kid, my name is John. It's a long way back to Fallen Springs. I suggest we hit the road now and we might make it by nightfall." The guys said.

He looked to be in his fifties. Grey-white hair, wrinkles, average height. He wore blue jeans that were covered with cowboy boots. A patched red and black button down shirt, dirty brown jacket with a cowboy hat to finish it off. What the heck?

"No! I'm not going anywhere with you. For all I know you could be a murderer." I said.

"Looks like your all packed and ready to go though." He observed.

"Mom he could be a murderer!" I said.

"No honey, this is John. He's a nice guy, you will be ok." She said.

Did he drug her?

"Mom no." I said.

"Go on. Have fun! Wear sunscreen." She advised.

"What did you do to her?" I said looking over at John.

"Nothin' she's just shocked your really going." He said.

"Please I don't understand." I said.

"I promise to tell you all I can if you get in the truck." John said.

Mom motioned for me to go.

"But I can't just leave." I said.

"You have to." Johan said.

"Why?" I asked.

"Get in the car and I'll tell you." He said.

"I can't believe this." I said.

I threw my bag in the bed of the truck and a few tears went down my cheeks.

Mom came to hug me.

"I'll see you soon, right." I said.

"No." Mom said.

I chocked back another sob. They were keeping me from her.

"Give me your phone." She whispered.

"Why?" I said.

"You can't contact any of your old friends. Pretend you never met them." She said.

"What? Mom no-"

But she already took it and pushed me towards the truck.

"Mom." I said.

I know it was pathetic. But I didn't want to go. I wanted my life, my friends my mom. Why was I going with him?

I felt like I had to. But I also had a feeling that if I did it wouldn't end well. What's happening?

I slowly climbed into the car while crying. How can this happen. Why was I letting this happen?

"That's a good gal." John said.

"See you round Mrs. Dossen."John waved before pulling out of the drive way and heading towards the high way.

I looked out the window trying to stop the endless flow of tears so I could get my answers. As hard as I tried it wouldn't work. I soon had a headache and felt home sick already. We're ever we were going, it would take a while to get there.

"Hungry?" Johan asked.

I shook my head. I couldn't stomach anything at the moment. I probably wouldn't be able to for a while.