Chapter 26 - New life

Sarah's POV

I was in our bedroom when Dimitri walked in, giving me a warm smile. I noticed a velvet box in his hand.

He walked closer to me and opened the box.

"To the best and beautiful mother in the world." He said, looking at me tenderly.

There was a beautiful necklace in the box. Pear-shaped morganite, baguette pink tourmalines and round brilliant diamonds, set in platinum. It was so elegant and sophisticated.

"Dimitri...it is so beautiful." I commented, looking at the necklace.

"You are more beautiful." He said. "Let me put it on you."

I nodded and pulled my hair to the side.

He stood behind me and put on the necklace on my neck.

"Perfect!" He exclaimed, looking at me in the mirror.

"Thank you." I gave him a bright smile.

He placed a soft kiss on my neck.

We changed our clothes and lay down on the bed. I placed my head on his chest while he wrapped his arm around me.

"I missed holding you in my arms. These last weeks without you have been the worst days in my life. I will never let you go again, kiska." He confessed and placed a tender kiss on my forehead.

"I missed you, too." I admitted.

When I walked out of the bathroom, I saw Dimitri in the bedroom changing Andrei's diaper.

He was making different funny faces while he was cleaning Andrei. I leaned against the door frame while watching them. They were so cute together.

Suddenly, Andrei peed on Dimitri's face. I burst out laughing.

He pulled back quickly as he wiped his face with tissue.

"Hey, don't laugh." He demanded, looking at me.

"Sorry..." I couldn't finish my sentence and started laughing again. "But it is funny." I added, laughing.

He gave me a dirty look and looked down at our son.

"Hey, little prince, don't put your father in shame. You are a good boy, aren't you?" He cooed Andrei.

I walked closer to them as I offered. "Let me help you."

"No, we will manage." He refused, looking at our son.

"Done!" He exclaimed as he held our son in his arms and put a soft kiss on his cheek.

"You are the best father in the world." I commented and kissed Dimitri's cheek, giving him an admiring look.

As I was breastfeeding our son, Dimitri walked closer to me.

"I have a surprise for you." He informed happily.

I raised my eyebrow with an inquiring look. "What surprise?"

"I will not tell you. Get ready. Galina will look after Andrei."

I nodded in agreement.

After finishing breastfeeding Andrei, I gave Dimitri our son and went to our bedroom.

I put on a pencil black skirt and wine red blouse. I did my hair wavy and applied light makeup. I took my bag and leather jacket and left the bedroom.

Dimitri was waiting for me in the living room.

He looked at me from head to toe with salacious eyes

"These weeks are not going to be easy." He confessed, biting his lower lip as he wrapped his arm around me, pulling me closer to him.

I kissed his lips. When I wanted to pull back, he tightened his grip around me, pulling me closer as he plunged his tongue inside my mouth, kissing me passionately.

"How long should we wait?" He asked as he pulled his lips back.

"The doctor said we should wait six weeks." I informed.

He sighed. I smiled at his reaction and kissed his lips as I caressed his cheek affectionately.

He held my hand and placed a soft kiss on my palm. Then, he entwined our fingers and led us towards the elevator.

He stopped his car in front of a mansion. He got out of the car and approached my side. He opened the door for me and extended his hand towards me.

"Dimitri, where are we? What are we doing here?" I asked curiously as I held his hand.

"A little patience, kiska." He replied as we walked towards the mansion.

"Who lives here?" I asked while watching the garden as we walked towards the mansion.

He wrapped his arms around me. "Us. If you like it." He responded.

"What?" I asked, surprised.

"It is our house. I bought it for us: You, our children and me." He replied, excited, caressing my cheek, emphasizing the word children.

"Do you like it?" He asked.

"I love it. Thank you. It is so beautiful." I said happily as I hugged him. He hugged me back.

"Let's see inside." He suggested. I nodded.

The mansion was approached by a substantial tree-lined driveway which sits behind a gated entrance. The stylish stucco home had a modest entrance, which was purposefully designed to dramatically expand as you entered the home; stepping into a palatial building with a grand entrance equipped with a sweeping staircase and direct open views of the southern portion of the grounds. The floor plan was balanced across three principal wings: chef's kitchen, another hosting a distinguished library, the third bearing several staff/guest rooms with a separate entrance.

The mansion maintained many of its original features, including molded ceilings with traditional chandeliers, Italian marble fireplaces, French parquet floors, and antique bathroom fixtures.

The interior of the home bore the grace of traditional elegance, with soaring ceilings and huge windows throughout. The main living spaces included a living room, a family room, a game room, recreation rooms, and two master suites. Aside from the main house, the property also included a separate carriage house which had three bedrooms and a bathroom, and a detached six-car garage.

The large outdoor pool area was perfectly sited with a gentle hedged-border and features multiple dining and entertaining areas, complete with a swimming pool, separate spa, full outdoor kitchen, and shower. The outdoor recreational areas included a tennis court and a basketball court. The property bore verdant landscaping including mature trees and sprawling lawns, with multiple lush gardens.

"I hired an interior designer for the mansion. Tomorrow we have a meeting with her. I want to decorate it as you wish." He confirmed.

"Thank you, Dimitri." I kissed his lips.

"All pleasure is mine." He said and kissed me again.