Chapter 32

I had been pounding on his door for five minutes now, the rain beating down on me relentlessly. Thunder cracked with another flash of lighting and I shivered. My finger tips were numb now because of the cold air and water, I couldn't feel my nose either. "Logan I know you're in there! Please just open up. I'm not leaving."

I heard footsteps running down the stairs then the door was thrown open by Logan. "What Daytona?"

"Look. I'm sorry for what I did to you. I hate the way I was back then. That's why when we met I was this G.G. who let people walk all over her because I was scared Logan. I was scared of being that girl again.

"But you've got to believe me when I say I've changed. I would never hurt you. Now please, don't make me leave." His face was completely emotionless, then he hung his head and sighed.

"Come inside. You're going to get sick." I ducked under his arm and walked inside, glad to have some safety for a bit.

"Does this mean you forgive me?" I asked with a small smile.

"Not yet."

I frowned. "Okay. I understand. I put you through something traumatizing and now you hate me. But please, please, please, believe me when I say I'm so sorry Logan."

"Daytona. Do you know why I know how to fight?" I shook my head no. "It's not because I'm undefeated at some underground boxing club– those were just rumors. I took self defense classes because I was ready to stand up to those douches, but then my parents transferred me instead."

"Logan," I reached out to touch his arm again and this time he didn't shrink away, "I am so sorry. I hated the girl I used to be so much one night I purposely threw a fight letting someone else beat me to a pulp, then I drowned myself in alcohol. That same night was the night my brother crashed." No matter how much I wanted to cry because I was so angry at myself, I couldn't. I wasn't the victim in this situation. I never was, and finally, thanks to Logan, I see that now.

"You never told me it was because of what you did. You said it was because you couldn't take loosing." He placed his hand on top of mine which had started to tremble.

"Another lie I guess." I stared at the ground, which now had drops of water all over it from my hair. "You know, all the hurt everyone around us faces, is partially because of me. I cause so much hurt and destruction wherever I go."

Then, Logan did something unexpected.

He pulled me into him and kissed me. It was just a small kiss. So small even, that when he pulled away, I hadn't yet kissed him back; then he pulled me in again and latched onto my lips with his. I had to stand on my tip-toes so he wasn't bent over so much, but I kissed him back with all I had.

The mood of the kiss wasn't quite readable, angst, anger, sadness? It was all a jumble I couldn't get a grasp on.

I wrapped my arms around Logan's neck and deepened the kiss, pulling me into him more. His fingers ran through my knotted, wet hair, holding me against him.

His tongue flicked across my bottom lip, and that was all the warning I had before he bit on it, causing a moan to escape me. But unlike those cliche romance novels, he didn't do anything. He just gripped my waist and backed me against the wall. "Not everyone's hurt is because of you Day. I'm sorry I reacted the way I did. It was uncalled for. Forgive me?"

I didn't say anything, I just kissed him again. And again. And again.

I was a hot mess of emotions when he finally pulled away for real. Not because he wanted to though. Tanner had walked down stairs, announced his disgust that we were doing the 'dirty' in the living room, and suggested we get a room.