Chapter One

Hadley's P.O.V.

Coving up the bruises from the recent abuse I sustained from my father. Fixing him his breakfast which contains scrambled eggs, bacon, hash browns, and toast. I was only allowed a little bit of each if I took my beating like a good girl as my father says. Placing his meal in front of him and his nasty beer that he drinks tons of daily. Slowly walking into my so-called room I rush to get dressed for work.

Walking to work I tear up for the thought of what's to come tonight since he's having his nasty friends over tonight. Going into Mary's Kitchen the local diner I kiss Mary's cheek like I usually do when I see her since she treats me like her daughter. Her husband died of a heart attack way before I met her when she offered me a job. She's tried to get me to move in with her but if he finds out where I'm staying he will hurt her. I'm only allowed to work and come straight home if I even think about going somewhere else I will be punished.

The first time I tried to run away he beat me so bad that he had no choice to take me to the hospital. He told them he found me after coming home from work, saying I was mugged and brutally beaten when he found me. So I continued to follow his rules and get a minor beating for doing what he sees I did something "wrong". Getting my section settled and rushing to get their orders. After four hours of waiting tables, I went to the back where Mary had a plate fixed for me to eat for lunch.

She has always done this saying I was too skinny, but I couldn't eat that much since I was used to eating small portions when allowed. Talking to her for my thirty-minute lunch before relieving Kim for a break. Three hours later, Mary handed me my paycheck before hugging me goodbye. Walking back home I tried to hurry since I am supposed to make my father and his friends dinner.