Chapter Eight

Hadley's P.O.V.

Waking up I was terrified, looking around the room I saw hospital equipment making my heart go wild. A nurse walked into the room asking me "how are you feeling dear?" 

"I'm fine why am I here," I asked trying to recall what happened. 

"Can you tell me your full name," she asked with concern. Nodding I replied my name is Hadley Leigh Bryan. She smiled and said my fiance and friend left to go get some food but they should be right back. Confused I just nodded asking why I had a cast on my arm. "We saw that it hadn't properly healed so we had to rebreak it to heal properly". Continuing here rant she told me that they had to stitch up my stab wounds and that the doctor would be here in a bit along with the police. 

Shaking my head trying to take in all this information and trying to find how I can leave without being noticed. Freaking out when Savannah and Macy walked in with a man who I do not know. He was muscular which freaked me out, long brown hair, beard, and he was good looking. Blushing at my thoughts I turned to Savannah asking when can I leave. "Hadley, you can leave after you talk to the doctor and police," Macy said.

"I cannot talk to the police he will find me and hurt me and the people I love," I thought not knowing I also voiced it out loud.

 "who Hadley who's hurt you, you can trust us," Savannah asked.

" will tell you but you have to get me out of here without being seen please I'm begging you". Getting a nod telling me they were on board with my plan. Macy left the room to go find some doctor scrubs for me to wear. I pulled the iv's out of my arm causing the guy to speak up since he arrived. "you're going to hurt yourself let me do it" he said causing me to look at him. Letting him do it trying not to blush with him touching me. We grabbed my things after I got dressed and put my hair in a bun. 

Making sure no one was around we walked to the back entrance to a truck which I guessed was the guy's who has not talked since the iv situation. Arriving at the apartment they helped me out and up the stairs. I unlock the door, letting them in then closing the door and locking it. Savannah introduced the guy as her brother Jude, causing me to think he has a hot name. "I really need to stop thinking like this" I thought. I then told them everything from the beatings and why I had to move here. By the end, I was crying along with the girls tearing up, hugging me saying everything will be alright. 

Then Macy decided to open up to me about what abuse she endured by her abusive ex-husband. She lost a baby due to him punching her in the stomach. But she's now in hiding like I am, and she met her boyfriend Logan who she loves. Seeing how happy she was, I knew it was time to fight back for my life. I want to have a happy life, to see Mary again and my father to leave me alone. With a determined look, I told them about my father's friends who also abused me. I knew it was time to go to the police, even if it meant risking my life.