3| Congratulations

Patch kicked the chairs and the desks as she mopped the floors, mumbling to herself, startling Brian who was cleaning the whiteboards with the late vandals that junior students do, cursing and teasing their classmates and professors. It was a tantrum at the same time she kept on thinking about the puppies on the pound when she and Jay visited it the last time.

" I just want a puppy!" Patch said, facing brian as she paused from mopping. Brian smirked at the side , he shook his head as he continued cleaning the board. " I can help you with that " Brian said.

" Noooooo " Patch whined as she sat on one of the chairs she just kicked. " I can't turn down on Jay's offer especially, if he also gets to suffer too. cause I'm not weak, he is!" She said, stomping her feet and pouting like a little kid.

" Sure but, I don't think you can survive without your earphones though " Brian said. Patch glared at him and eventually breaking it as she realized how correct he was. " How can you tell? " Patch asked.

" Cause it's been a week... and ,after the first day we've been together in homeroom, this was only the second time we had a conversation " Brian said , sitting on the chair next to Patch. " I'm that earphone dependant? " She said, throwing her head back, groaning. " You know what Brian, I will survive. You know, A month is not that bad and there are other musical sources in the environment " Patch said with enthuciasm.
Brian smiled at her comment then silence followed afterwards, Patch felt awkward when Brian was just smiling at her, probably waiting for Patch to say something and, he would listen attentively.
" We should probably leave when the floor dries up, I mean...It's getting kinda late " Patch said, trying to fix the awkwardness.
" Uhh...you know, we have a gig this saturday, it's kind off a battle of the bands theme " Brian said, with nervousness evident with his shake voice. " Oh yeah, Jay told me about that. Yeah, I'll be there ." Patch said, trying not to look at Brian. " Cool " He replied, trying to act cool.
They turned off the lights in the room as they were about to leave, they didn't say a word to each other as they were walking in the hallway. " Do I make you feel awkward? " Patch asked all of a sudden, making Brian flustered. " Awkward? No...heck no, I'm just plain awkward as an individual " He replied, nervousness building up in him. " Me too, I'm either really quiet or really loud...how long have we been talking to each other? " She asked, looking at her wristwatch, it was 5:45 p.m.

" I don't really know " Brian said, Patch just nodded, breaking her own rules made her not care about it anymore. Maybe, this was Jay's purpose to make Patch come out of her own shell. " You want to do something fun? " Patch asked.

" What type of fun? Is it something Illegal? " Brian asked. " No, no. Unless you have other stuff to do " Patch said. " Nahh, I think I can have a little fun ." Brian said. " Cool, come on " Patch said, then she suddenly ran away from him leaving a puzzled Brian, he started running after her, following her out of school. Catching up to her and asking her, where are they going, she didn't say a word and she just kept on running, he followed, it was a ten minute sprint, they stopped by the big bridge where cars pass by. " The bridge, what...why " Brian said, panting going into tripod position for exhaustion, Patch was panting too, she was looking at the purplish sky that mixed with blood orange. " I love it when the sky turns like this " Patch said. " Yeah...It's pretty " Brian said, still panting , he stood next to Patch who rested her arms on the steel bars, watching the sunset. " Once again, the moon and the sun will not meet " She said. " They know romeo and juliet as a tragic love story but, I think that the sun and the moon is more tragic." patch added.

" Do you feel sad? " Brian asked, as he glanced at Patch, having a sad smile. " Yeah. " She replied. " Then, why did you bring me here? Why did we ran all the way from here ?" Brian asked.