Fifteen

-edited- 

I knew it was coming. All night I knew I would have to confront it. I should have just run off with his car like the coward I am. He just had to fucking ask. The question sticks in the air like a leg in a cast. The elephant in the room is waiting to be answered.

Abruptly, I crawl out from Harry's arm. "Nothing happened. Sometimes you just need to cry," I lie slipping on the shorts he lent to me before.

"That's bullshit Arabella and you know it." He gets up from the bed and starts getting dressed also.

"Take me home," I demand and walk out the door.

Harry follows me closely right on my heels.  "You can't just leave when things get tough."

That's what I've been doing for the past ten years. "I don't have to tell you everything," I say shortly grabbing my dress from where I took it off the night before. Or where he took it off.

"That's what people in relationships fucking do!" He yells. I jump from where I stand in his foyer. Fighting brought out the lion in him. Slowly I turn around, ice in my eyes.

"We're not in a relationship," I say moving my hands to show him. "We're just fuck buddies."

"I think you calling me daddy while I fuck you counts for a relationship." He snarls. Harry's hair was even more of a mess than usual and I could see his shoulders rise with every angry breath.

"We haven't even been on a fucking date! I don't even know your middle name for fuck sake!" I scream heading for the door. "We're not anything. I don't tell my life problems to people who I don't know."

Harry runs in front of me and blocks the door. "I'm not asking you to tell me your deepest secrets. I'm here for you Arabella and you scared me when you fucking sobbed on the floor. Don't you think I deserve to know why you cried for hours in my arms?" His eyes are pleading.

Did I really scare him? I might've put on a show to see with me falling apart on the marble floor of his house and everything. Sure, I was a closed off person. I kept my feelings to myself and didn't let people in. But doesn't he deserve to know you?

Slowly, I turn around and walk to his couch. When I look up, he's still at the door, shocked by my actions. "I won't leave." But I fucking want to. 

I see his body visibly relax and he pads over to me. He sits across from me and his eyes stare at me waiting to say something. What did he expect me to say? I already told him I wasn't ready to confess my life troubles to him. I just wasn't ready for that. 

Looking at his little cross tattoo I say quietly, "I don't want to tell you yet."

His face turns hard again and looks like he's about to explode. I close my eyes waiting for his outburst.

"Okay." That little word makes me open my eyes to see his face. I lift my lips a little at the corners to show my gratitude.

We sit there in the dark of his house not saying anything. My hands are folded in my lap while his elbows rest on his knees.

"Edward." He says breaking the silence.  Suddenly I understand his thought.

"Marie." I say with a smile. He returns the gesture.

I get up from the couch and head over to him, not mad at him anymore. He did just want to care for me. And it was sweet. I crawl into his lap and he cradles me like a baby. Harry kisses my head and then my nose. "I'm sorry for yelling little miss."

I reach up and kiss him gently. We pull away and he pulls me closer to him, closing his eyes in the process.

"About the date thing," I say hesitantly. He opens his eyes at this and looks at me curiously. "My brother and I were going to go out for drinks tomorrow after work. Would you like to come?"