SURPRISE Update- Baby Time

In honor of reaching over 10k reads I have a surprise update. Thank you so much for your support and love. Okay... Here it is.

Harry's POV

The pain was agonizing and unbearable, but I knew she would suffer through it if it meant we could meet our child. Rain beat down heavily on the car roof, the sounds getting drowned out by my wife's shouts of discomfort. I think Arabella was more prepared for the contractions then I was, and I wasn't the one in labor.

"Drive faster, Harry," she says breathily.

"I'm going as fast as I can!" I yelp out gripping the steering wheel harder until my knuckles turn white. "We're two minutes away. Hold on little miss,"

I don't think anyone could have prepared us for this. Yes, we had the car seat, the baby book, clothes, and diapers. But I wasn't mentally prepared. I wasn't cut out to be a father. What if they didn't like me? I didn't know anything about kids. Sure I was friendly around them and all that, but parenting was one of those topics that could go two ways, good or bad, and I was utterly unsure of which one I was.

The tires screech against the pavement as I stop the car. Immediately, I hop out to get Arabella, the cold rain soaking my shirt. My hair, I cut it again, tickles my face in the wind. The night air is cool against my bare arms, sending a shiver through my body. But Arabella already has her bags and is practicing her breathing exercises. My wife was calmer than me, and she was in labor. Father of the year, everyone.

When we walk into the hospital, we are swiftly led up to the maternity ward. Nurses swarm my wife like bees on a hive. Tubes were hooked onto her fingers and a flowery, pink hospital gown hung from her shoulders. Sweat coated her skin, glistening under the fluorescent lights. Her long brown hair was sticking against her forehead, and draped along her arms like a protective blanket.

"Oh god," Arabella drawls out, another round of contractions winding their way through her body. Seeing her in torturous pain made me want to take all the agony from her. I'd suffer through ten times her pain if she could feel better. "I should have taken the pain meds,"

But I knew she didn't want that. After all the time it took to get pregnant, and then undergoing six months of bed rest, she wanted a natural, healthy birth. She didn't want anything to compromise her child. Speaking of those six months-

I worked from home so I could look after her. Every two weeks, we would have a doctor come in to check up on Miracle(that's what we called it before we thought of names). Arabella hated that she had to sit on her ass and have me wait on her hand and foot. But I didn't mind. Through sickness and health.

Currently, she was leaning over the bed while I stood across from her, dumbstruck at what I should be doing. When she drags her eyes from the floor to meet mine, they are filled with ache. Immediately, I pace towards my wife and put a comforting hand on her back. Her tiny hand finds mine and grips it with a unmovable force. The little silver band on her finger flickers, reminding me about all the things Arabella and I have gone through. We got through everything else before, so why couldn't we get through this?

"Baby, you are so strong. I've got you." Her long fingernails dig into my flesh and she nods. "Through sickness and health, remember?"

Hours go by with me helping Arabella through her contractions. My hands had little, red lines from where her fingernails left marks. But I didn't care. Arabella was bringing our child into the world, and I suddenly loved her more for that.

At one point I had to step out and call my mum. "Mum?" She, Robin, and Gemma moved to America so they could be closer to us.

"Hey, Harry honey, how's Arabella? I hope that she's feeling okay. When I was pregnant with you and Gemma I felt like a baked potato and-"