[ Chapter 1: Unexpected ]

Tonight is the first new moon since Zoe turned seven. Hopefully, she could shift. Alexia brought her daughter to the woods today to help her shift in her wolf form. She couldn't be more excited to see her precious one be a part of their nature.

Shifting for the first time may hurt but maybe not as much for Zoe. Why? Because she's not an ordinary wolf, she has the Luna blood. Afterall, Zoe's father is the strongest Alpha alive. It's been hard for Alexia to keep Zoe and herself away from the pack. They're basically rogues.

While wandering in an unclaimed land, Alexia made sure there was no one watching them. "Hey, Z, do you think you'll be able to shift tonight?" She calls her 'Z' because it's the only thing that reminds her of her mate, Alpha Zachary.

"I don't know mom, will it hurt?" Zoe turned to face her mother with fear in her eyes. Alexia assured Zoe that shifting won't be as bad as she thinks. As a rogue, Zoe didn't have a school with wolves. All her education about being a wolf comes from her mom. Even if that's the case, Zoe is surely a smart and fast learner.

"Breathe, Z. Mommy's here. Just clear your mind and when you feel something unusual, just let it in, okay?" Alexia sat on a log while she watched her daughter. Silently, she's been thinking about her pack, the Black Knight pack. When she was a kid, she loved to run as a wolf on their land during a full moon, she just felt very strong and free. That's when she met her best friend...

Alexia shifted for the first time. Her dad, the pack delta, was so happy. Alexia is only six and she's an early shifter. "Lexi, why don't you take a run?" Her dad calls Alexia, 'Lexi' because her mom has the same nickname as hers. Unfortunately, Alexia lost her mom early because of a rogue attack.

Alexia ran through the woods, her wolf is an average size. Her fur is reddish brown, just like Alexia's hair. Her wolf is simply beautiful like Alexia. While she ran, she heard someone through the link.

'You're a new wolf, I've never seen you before.'

Alexia turned around to see if anyone was there. She saw no one but she knew that she wasn't in danger because she couldn't smell any rogue intruders.

'I shifted for the first time,' She answered.

'Head towards the lake, I wanna see your wolf better!' Alexia ran towards the lake. She loves to make friends.

When she reached the sight of the lake and saw the wolf, she knew he was also a kid although his size is much bigger than hers. The wolf had jet black fur, beautiful blue eyes, and his claws were very sharp.

Alexia realized who the wolf was because he had a royal mark. Everyone that has the alpha bloodline has the royal mark. Alexia bowed her head showing her respect.

'Hey, you don't have to do that you know, I'm Zachary, people call me Zach.' They were still speaking through the link since they were both in wolf form.

'I'm Alexia, my father calls me Lexi.' They exchanged glances and sniffed each other to get familiar with the scent. That way, they won't recognize each other as enemies.

'How old are you, Lexi?' Zach asked.

'I'm six, my dad told me that I'm an early shifter' Having an early shifter in their pack is rare. Most kids turn at seven that's why Zach seemed to be amazed by Lexi.

'I've never met an early shifter nor a red wolf, I'm nine by the way.' Then, Lexi and Zach took a run. Instantly, they became friends.

"Mom! My bones, the-they're cr-cracking!" Alexia got lost in her thoughts, not realizing that Zoe was actually shifting.

"Z, just breathe. Focus on your heartbeat. Let it in." Alexia watched Zoe in astonishment. My precious one is shifting, she thought to herself. After a while, Zoe turned into a wolf. Her appearance shocked Alexia.

Zoe has a reddish black fur. Just like Zachary's black wolf and Alexia's red wolf. Zoe has an average sized wolf, she's beautiful, just like her mother. The feature that stunned Alexia the most is Zoe's royal mark. It was very evident that she's an alpha's daughter. The claw-like marked is in Zoe's forearm. Everything about her left her mother breathless.

Then, Alexia snapped out of her thoughts and mind-linked Zoe. 'You did it, Z.' Zoe stepped closer to Alexia and licked her whole face, it made Alexia laugh and fall from the log she was sitting at. Since Zoe has successfully turned, Alexia took off her clothes and placed them in her bag. After that, she shifted too.

Alexia's wolf sniffed Zoe as Zoe's did the same. 'Wanna run, Z?' Alexia said through the link. She knows how much her daughter loved to run. In Zoe's school, she's the fastest runner. Well, except for the fact that a werewolf runs way faster than a human, Zoe's naturally fast.

Zoe and Alexia ran through the whole land. Alexia's speed was fast enough for Zoe to stay behind but her daughter aimed to catch up with her. After minutes of running, they both went back to the spot where they left their clothes. They shifted back and dressed up.

After changing, Alexia immediately grabbed Zoe's arm. She took off her necklace and placed it on Zoe. "Never remove this, Z. Understand?" Sensing danger, Zoe just nodded. Alexia knew that a wolf was close by but what scared her the most is that the scent is recognizeable.

She looked around only to find someone grabbing her away from Zoe. Zoe screamed when the man pushed her mother to the ground.

"Beta Luca." Alexia recognized him. She shivered in fear.

"It's been a long while, Luna." Zoe looked at them with wonder. Why is he calling mommy, 'Luna' she thought to herself.

"Luca, let us go, please." Without the protection necklace, Alexia knew she couldn't fight and let herself be provoked.

"I stopped taking orders from you seven years ago, Alexia." He growled. The anger was evident in his eyes that turned to yellow, scaring Zoe.

With one look, Luca knew that Zoe was the alpha's child. Her feature was everything like the alpha's image except her brown hair. Luca did not take any pity from the both of them, he injected a dose of silver on their neck. After a second, Zoe's unconscious while Alexia screamed in pain.

"Luca, please, not the child!" She pleaded, begging for mercy.

"I'll leave that to the Alpha, Luna." When Alexia and Zoe became helpless, Luca grabbed them. Before he shifted to his wolf form and placed them on his back, he whispered, "I'm sorry, Alexia." Then, he ran, taking them to the Black Knight territory.