[ Chapter 9: The Story ]

After the Alpha and Luna's heartfelt speech, the couple decided to go back to Alpha Zachary's home, where most of their memories were built.

When everyone got their tears to stop from falling, each bid a goodbye to their Alpha and Luna before they went back to their homes and the pack house.

On their way back, Alpha Zachary held a peaceful sleeping Zoe in his arms while Alexia held his other hand.

Happiness and joy were among the emotions that flooded in both of their hearts. A mate bond that was almost severed was now strengthened along with their undying love for each other.

They walked back to the Alpha's home and everything was silent. Alexia took the moment to look at her surroundings.

Every tree, every flower, even the lake she passed through brought her memories back. The home she's always been longing for. Seven years away from her mate, from her family, now, she has them back.

Alexia's wandering came to an end when she noticed Beta Luca approaching them. "Alpha, Luna," he bowed.

"Luca, I didn't see you there," Alexia mentioned. Her eyes left Luca and landed on the little boy he was holding.

"I'm sorry, Luna, I had to be with my son, Dylan," he introduced. Alexia gasped in surprise when she heard her beta.

Alexia left seven years ago without knowing that Beta Luca had found his mate and now, he has a son. "Dylan, that's a wonderful name. Who is your mate, Luca?"

Excitement beamed across Luca's face as he mentioned the name of his mate, "Jenna." It made Alexia happy and guilty at the same time. How could she not know about one of her greatest friends of bearing a child with the beta?

"I am very happy for you, Luca," she said. "Luna?" Little Dylan called out.

"Yes, Dylan?" She asked while she knelt down to talk to him. After Dylan bowed his head as a sign of respect, he finally spoke, "Is Zoe okay?" while pointing to a sleeping Zoe.

"She's fine, buddy," Alpha Zachary assured. "Are you friends with Zoe?" Alexia asked. Since she spent a month without her daughter, she never knew if Zoe had made friends.

"Yes, Luna, Zoe was a little shy before but I saw her running along the falls with Alpha Zachary and then we talked to each other," he explained.

Luna Alexia became happy with the thought that her little one has made friends of her kind. "That's great, Dylan. Why don't you play with her tomorrow? Zoe's just a little exhausted," she said.

Dylan's eyes gave an emotion of excitement and happiness upon hearing that he's been invited by the Luna to their home tomorrow. Then, Beta Luca spoke with Alexia.

"Luna, I'm sorry for causing you pain in the dungeons - " before he could continue, Alexia stopped him. "Luca, you're the pack beta, you did what you had to do. If there's someone to forgive, it should be me. I ran away and left my responsibilities as your Luna."

"Luna, you saved all of us during the rogue attack, everyone has no right to be mad at you. The whole pack looks up to you now," he smiled.

"I missed my mate's best friend," Alexia said before hugging Luca. That little embrace caused Alpha Zachary to interrupt them.

"Same rule, no touching of my mate," he growled. Ever since they were kids, Alpha Zachary has been possessive over Alexia.

"Sorry, Zach," Luca teased. "I'm yours," Alexia whispered to her mate's ears.

"Yes, mine," he huskily whispered. His words sent shivers to Alexia's body, something she hasn't felt in a long time.

"I felt that too," Alpha Zachary said.

"I have to get going, Luna, I promised Dylan to help him practice his naturalist gift," he smiled before leaving them.

"Dylan and Zoe, do you think -" Alexia's words were cut by Zachary when he said, "Not until Zoe's thirty," he warned.

Alexia laughed at her mate's answer. Usually, mates find each other at the age of seventeen yet Alpha is not letting Zoe until she's thirty.

"Easy there, mate. Remember, we did it at the age of nineteen," she winked.

"Seven years ago," he teased. Whether they admit it or not, the heat was slowly becoming a problem for the both of them. The tension was building up and they had to get home before anything else happens.

Finally, they arrived at Alpha Zach's home and he carried Zoe to her newly built room. Alexia slowly entered the place as the memories rushed back to her.

Every day she spent with Zach since she was six was all the memories she cherished up to now. Everything was just like how she left it. What surprised her the most was the guest room that Alpha Zachary made her own room.

"Nothing changed," she whispered as a shock went through her whole body.

"I couldn't bear to change it," Alpha said. She turned around in surprise since she didn't know that Zachary was standing at the back of her.

"Thank you for taking care of Zoe," Alexia said. She still couldn't believe how everything had happened so fast.

"I thought you were dead," Alpha said as sadness beamed on his face. His words confused Alexia and she asked why. His explanation shocked her.

"When you left, we were also attacked by rogues. I wasn't alpha then so the pain of losing a pack member wasn't affecting me as much as it did to my father but that day, I felt this excruciating pain like losing a mate, that's when I thought that you didn't run away but you were killed."

Alexia thought about his words then it dawned on her, "The birth of Zoe," she said. The pain that her mate felt wasn't her death instead, it was childbirth.

"A few years later, I became the alpha and I felt this bond. I was drawn to it but I couldn't know what it was. Then, I sought witches to know what the bond was. They said that a child from my pack was bearing an alpha's mark. Since then, I sent my warriors to find you and the child. Out of all of them, Luca was the one who found you."