Chapter 7

I was in the cabinet and tried a dress on, which Daemon had given me earlier. I used to go to H&M to buy clothes and now we are in a too expensive shop. I tried to go somewhere else but Daemon decided to throw me over his shoulder and led me here.

This dress was too beautiful. It was red which ended a little above my knees and emphasized my curves. My only problem was my face...

I went outside to show Daemon how the dress fits me. His eyes widened and I knew what he thought. This dress is way too beautiful for you, Clare. Ugh.

"Wowwww." Was all he said. Still looking up and down at me.

"I know, not for me." I blushed for whatever reason. He stood up and grabbed both of my shoulders with his hands.

"Clare, are you okay? How could you think that? This dress fits you perfectly. You look gorgeous." He told me. I looked for any sign of amusement. Something that told me he was joking. But it looks like he meant it serious.

"Really? I think the dress is gorgeous. Not me." I looked at him with a frown. "YOU WILL BUY IT." He almost yelled at me, yet he smiled. I was confused.

"Okay, okay. Oh my god. Calm down." I told him in a scared way. "I'm sorry, I didn't want to scare you, but this looks so gorgeous on you." He told me in a soothing way.

"Thank you. But it is too expensive, Daemon." I explained him after 200 times. "Clare, do I look like I can't achieve this?" He asked me like he was hurt.

"Okay, we will buy this, billionaire." I rolled my eyes at him.

After two hours we decided to go back home. We were both so exhausted and it was just 2pm. We lay on the couch in the living room, in front of the TV and didn't do anything.

"Clare?" He asked me suddenly. "Hmm." I hummed.

"You're one of the weirdest girls I've ever met."

Well, thank you. You're not the first who told me that.

He didn't even look at me while he said that, but I could hear in his voice that this wasn't meant bad. "Why?" I wanted to know.

"Because... Every time I went out with a girl, they wanted my money and nobody really had been interested in me. Just money. Now I go shopping with you and you just don't want to buy too expensive clothes, you wanted to save the money, not throw it away." He looked at me serious.

"Well, money isn't everything. I know I'm rich but I hate it. I used to have problems because of money. I got bullied, because I had more money than the others. Once I thought I had friends they came and used me. They turned into monsters. Lisa is my only friend. Now I don't even know what to think about my dad, he is supposed to be a monster, too. But since that happened with my 'friends' I used to hide my money. Not letting anyone show that money is what I am. I know it's awkward what I'm telling you, but I didn't even say my parents about my past. I want you to know that I would never use you because of your money." I have no idea why I'm telling him about my past. I didn't tell him everything, I wasn't ready for telling anyone everything about my past but even that is enough.

"Is that everything or why are you sweating." I didn't realize I was sweating. "Uhm.. no." I laughed nervously.

"Clare, if you aren't ready yet, it's okay. If you want to talk to someone, I'll be there to listen to you." I looked into his dark eyes. And it made my heart melt, that he would always listen to me. "Thank you, Daemon." I smiled at him.

"What about you? Tell me more about you."

"What do you want to know?" He asked with a frown.

"Everything." I said with a smile. "I lied when I told you I never had a relationship. I just didn't want you to feel bad." He smiled nervously. I couldn't help but grin.