Kaine

Hey guys so there is this thing called the Fiction Awards and I would love you guys forever if you go and nominate my book!!! Mate To The Dragon has been nominated a few times already but the more I get the better chance I have of making it to the voting round.

For every 10 nominations, I will update and post another chapter!!!!! THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!!

(NOT EDITED BTW)

***********

"Kaine am I your mate?" she repeats firmly.

I swallow hard. "Yes."

"Well that explains a lot," she mutters then makes a face. "Actually it explains everything."

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you! I didn't want you to think I only liked you because of the mate bond—I've literally had a crush on you since I was 14 and my mom first told me about you."

Her eyebrow shoots up. "You've had a crush on me since you were 14? That's what? Two years before you even met me?"

I clear my throat and stare at the floor. "Uh yeah kinda."

"I didn't realize I was that famous."

"Syrra, literally every single wolf in that pack has heard stories of you—I'm pretty sure every creature in the world has heard of you," I snort.

"Well in that case you should feel pretty damn special that you get me as your mate," she smirks and my eyes go wide.

"Wait so you're not mad or gonna reject me or something?"

She frowns. "No of course not, why would I do that?" she scoffs.

I shrug with a small shake of my head. "I don't know," I mutter.

She laughs a little before picking herself up off the floor. "Alright well I am going to get some sleep, I would give you a kiss but my lip is starting to swell a little," she tells me, gingerly running her tongue across her bottom lip.

I wince. "Yeah I am so sorry about that," I murmur.

"It's fine Kaine, I'm just teasing you," she chuckles.

She messes with my hair, running her fingers through it and smoothing it back. I close my eyes, groaning a little as she tugs slightly. My eyes snap open when she stops and the smirk on her lips makes me grin.

She picks up the spell book before sauntering off. I watch her walk away, her hips swaying and her dress flowing behind her.

Well that went a lot better than I expected, I sigh.

I told you to tell her, Shax growls.

No you told me to mark her which I'm not going to do. I'm still doing this Lucifer's way, I snap.

HA! Fuck you Shax! Lucifer snarks.

You're an idiot, Shax snaps.

I roll my eyes with a sigh. Will both of you knock it off?

Sorry, Lucifer mutters.

They both go quiet for a few moments before my dragon grumbles something incoherent.

What? I ask.

Do you think Syrra's a kinky chick?

I pinch the bridge of my nose. Lucifer?

Yeah?

Shut up.

*******

"You are never going to believe what happened!"