2.2

Two fairies and a Spirit glimmered in the darkness, sitting atop a spotted white toadstool. Beside them were two small, translucent crystal bottles of light rose pink champagne. At least, there was half a bottle worth of the champagne and the rest, emptied into the matching cups and down the three's throats.

The two females got up and started to dance with one another.

They were both a happy, drunk mess. Their arms intertwined as they both fell forward onto one another, grins on their fair faces.

Jess' eyebrows scrunched up, slightly confused with the wave of nostalgia that hit him. It reminded him of the times Delilah and Emily would drink wayyyyy too much and then end up cuddling for the rest of the day/night regardless of what their family (or boyfriend in Emily's case) would tell them.

He shook his head; it was impossible for them to be here. They had lived a fulfilling life and passed on to heaven or back into the reincarnation cycle. And even if they had not accumulated enough heavenly karma as of yet, they would surely not be all dumped into the same world as him — the mere thought was preposterous.

They couldn't be here... Could they?

---[Host, it's best not to delude yourself into thinking your mates travelled into the same world as you. From my analysis, they are not bonded to a system nor are they powerful enough to enter the same world as you. It is only a coincidence that these fairies have similar characteristics to your old friends.]--- Though DalDal said this, he couldn't technically be 100% sure. He had to be at least an S grade system for that and considering his host has only just started his first E world (god knows how he did since he had failed the most important mission of all — that being the diamonds) he wasn't even close. It would probably be quite a while for even someone as amazing as his host to be able to reach that level.

Seeing the two fairies cuddling as they giggled and babbled, Jess couldn't help but feel another wave of nostalgia hit him like a truck did to an unsuspecting, harem-attracting otaku. The two reminded him way too much of his dearest friends...

A harsh grey glow that completely contradicted the entire atmosphere of their little gets together suddenly emerged from within the thick foliage. It was Rosalva. And she was panicking.

Spotting his friend in a panic, Liriope immediately shot up and rushed towards the fairy, leaving the other two child-like fairies alone.

Letting out a loud, raw squeak, Rosalva buried her face into Liriope's chest. Her body wracked by sobs, tears streaming down her pale cheeks as she clutched tightly to Lirope.

Jess frowned, from what he knew, Rosalva rarely ever got upset. Even if she did, it had never been to this extent.

He soothingly stroked her hair, a concerned frown on his face. "What's wrong Rosa?"

"T-there was... There was..." As she spoke, Rosalva hiccuped.

"A man... V-v-very injured... N-Need help n-now!" Rosalva shoved herself away from the fully alert Liriope, "G-go! H-help him! T-too big for me to do!"

Hearing this, Liriope nodded and with one more concerned glance at Rosalva, shot off into the distance.

The sobbing fairy went over to the two schnitzeled fairies, finding comfort in the two very confused women.

While the three had their cuddle session (and Rosalva decided to drink away the pain), Jess followed the trail Rosalva had left behind in her panic.

It didn't take long before the disgusting scent of blood reached his sensitive nose. At that moment, Jess nearly dry-heaved; the scent was much, much stronger than he would have expected.