Chapter 28

"Please, do be quiet

"Please, do be quiet. She is asleep on the couch and I don't think she gets that much sleep." I said quietly as they walked through the front door.

"My first day back and there's already been an attack? And what is up with Rebecca, man?" He pulled his mate closer to him and I could see his stance become less defensive.

"Come inside, to the kitchen. I'll explain everything in there."

Malia POV
"I don't know exactly why they are attacking but they are targeting her. They definitely know her from somewhere."

"How do you know this? He could just be targeting her to get to you. It could just be a tactic." The voice Alpha was talking to was unfamiliar to me, making me tense up. His scent was one I smelled before but I could not put my finger on it.

"He called her out by name before they attacked. You were there during the meeting, she recognized him as well."

"What was his name again? I do not recall ever hearing of him before, considering how dangerous she made him seem."

"She said his name was Gordon." A small gasp came soon after and I quickly snapped my eyes open. There was another unknown person.

"Baby, what's wrong? Are you okay?"

"It's him." A small whisper entered into the conversation. A light, airy sound of voice, a girl.

"Who is him? What's wrong."

"It's him! He found me! He's going to get me!" She began to become erratic. She was terrified.

"Sweetheart, you have to calm down. No one is going to get you, I promise. Now, who is he?"

"M-master." I shot straight up, making myself dizzy from the sudden movement. A cold wave overcame my body. She knew. She knew what he was, what he did.

"That son of a bitch!" The man yelled. His sudden outburst made my heart quicken and my breathing became erratic.

"What the fuck, Cole! I told you to stay quiet! You probably woke her up now!"

Alpha suddenly appeared into the room, completely livid, making yelp. A very tall, lanky looking man followed suit.

"I am so sorry, Luna. I did not mean to startle you or wake you up. My most sincere apologies." He began to walk towards me with his hand outstretched. "I'm Cole and Orion's Delta." I recognized him as the man who drug Rebecca out of the room during her outburst.

I began to tale steps back as he got to close. My hand clutched my chest, right at the heart. It was pounding so hard that it physically hurt. My breathing was so shallow and fast that black spots began to cloud my vision.

"Cole, Cole, stop." Alpha placed his hands on his chest and pushed him away, putting distance between us. "I need you to stay back. She doesn't do well when people get to close."

"I-I am so sorry. I didn't know."

"Hey, hey. Look at me." Alpha completely ignored his Beta and now had all of his attention on me. "I need you to calm down or you will pass out." He took slow steps towards me, his hands spread apart, gesturing that he was not a threat. "It's okay, I'm not going to hurt you." He slowly reach my hand and placed it on his heart. I could feel his strong, steady heartbeat beneath my palm and the warmth from his body seeped into mine, adding comfort. "Just breath, Malia. No one is going to hurt you here. Just focus on me." He took deep and deliberate breaths, trying to get me to follow his actions. "That's it."

My breathing finally began to slow. My heart was still pounding in my chest but wasn't nearly as hard. A wave of embarrassment came over me when the situation finally sank in. My hand was still resting on Alpha's chest and I could feel not only his but Cole's eyes on me as well. I quickly retracted my hand and folded my arms over my body. Ducking my head down, I hid my face from their views with my hair. I could feel that my cheeks were burning with embarrassment and the attentions I was receiving.

"I-I'm so s-sorry. " My voice was weak and croaky at first. "I did not mean for that to happen."

"It's not your fault, Luna. I did not know that you weren't comfortable with people getting to close to you. I am deeply sorry and I hope you forgive me."

"It's okay." I whispered. "You didn't know."

"Are you okay?" Alpha asked. I awkwardly nodded my head , not really wanting to bring attention back to the situation. My cheeks burned even more with his question.

A soft pair of footsteps came into the room. It must have been the girl I heard earlier. Her feet clad with a pair of mixed matched socks came into my line of sight as she stood in front of me.

"Baby, don't get to close. She doesn't do well with that." I heard Cole say gently. The girl didn't even acknowledge him and I could feel her intense gaze on me.  Her scent of ginger and cinnamon was very familiar but I couldn't put my finger on it.

"Malia? Is that really you?" I heard her ask with a wary voice. I hesitantly looked up and gasped as soon as I saw her. It was her.

"Little one?" I asked. She silently nodded and tears built up in her eyes, making them glassy. "It's okay, come here." I held my arms out and she instantly fell into them, sobbing.

"I though you were dead." She cried and clutched me tighter.

"I am afraid not, Little one. They tried hard but they did not succeed." I rubbed her back and buried my face into her dark hair, inhaling her scent. She was safe. She made it, too.