A Family At Last

When Naruto got home he set the kids down on his bed in his room then went to the bathroom to take a shower. When he got out he heard some screaming coming from the bedroom. He rushed to his room cloths forgotten and found Lilly screaming and yelling in her sleep. He rushed to her side and shook her awake while whispering comforting words to her. She soon bolted awake nearly knocking heads with Naruto in her hast.  She looked around frantically and when her eyes landed on Naruto her screamed and tried to find somewhere to hide 'till she hid under the blankets. Naruto first looked over to the other two and found them still asleep. This surprised him for when he was just rescued he couldn't sleep for more than an hour at a time. He still didn't, no couldn't sleep heavily, he was a very light sleeper. He could be woken up be the creak of a tree in a storm, well he would be woken by the storm first. So how this kids could sleep so peacefully was mindbogglingly to him. Anyway he lifted up the blankets to find Lilly cowering underneath. The poor girl was on the verge of tears. She was shaking like a leaf the light of him lifting up the blankets still hadn't reached her so he decided to talk to her while she was semi-calm. 

"Are you OK?" Naruto asked in a whisper voice that screamed concerned, caring, and trustworthy. His voice made Lilly jump a little bit then she seemed to remember the voice.

"Naruto?" she ask voice full of hope.

"Yes?"

"It is you!" she yelled while she jumped at him and tackled him to the ground. Naruto was able to get them to land without a "thump" somehow. All the while Naruto was chuckling at her behavior.

"Yes it is me, who else would it be?" He asked with a bit of hummer in his voice.

"I thought you were a part of my imagination, and that I was back in that place." She confessed with a little slob. Naruto just hugged the girl and whispered some words that she would remember for the rest of her life.

"If I don't protect my precious people who will? If I don't how will I know if they are safe or not, if they are happy, and if they have someone to care for them? That is why I will never let them get to you or your siblings, you are all to precious. You are part of my family know, along with my friends. I will protect you with my life, this I swear."

Lilly slowly turned her head up to look into Naruto's eyes. She watched as tear after tear fell from his eyes before he pulled her into another hug.

"I will never let you go through that again, little sister."

At the mention of little sister she started to cry again this time happy tears. She kept saying "Thank you" over and over again until Naruto stopped her with some heart filled words. 

"No, thank you for coming into my life and being a part of my small family."

They sat there on the ground until the sun came up from behind the mountains. It seeped in through the window and landed on the pair on the floor as the lifted their heads to see the sun coming up. The other two on the bed started to steer and wake up. Naruto and Lilly got off the ground and walked to the side off the bed.

"Morning you two," greeted a Naruto with a hardly noticeable smile on his face. 

"Morning Naruto," responded a tired Emma with a tired smile.

"Morning, how did you sleep?" asked a equally tired Thature.

"I didn't," responded Naruto who started to laugh at the kids surprised expressions,"Anyway, I'm going to go make breakfast then after we eat we'll go get you new cloths."

With that said he left the room to let the kids do what they needed. In about two minutes the kids were at the table and ready to eat. After finishing their pancakes Emma asked the question on all of their minds.

"Why, didn't you sleep?"

"Because, I couldn't and I had to calm down Lilly."

"Why couldn't you?"

"Memories," was his only response, but the kids got the message loud and clear. Nightmares, reliving the torture, it's horrible.

"Well could we all sleep in the same bed tonight, I think it would help all of us sleep better," suggested Lilly with a small blush on her face for embarrassment of asking. 

"I have no problem with that," stated Thature.

"Me neither," agreed Emma, "How about you Naruto?"

At this they all looked at Naruto and he smiled a small sad and said, "I wouldn't mind that, it get lonely anyway."

"Yay," shouted Lilly, "We are starting to act like a real family."

At this everyone in the room smile and and looked at each other. They did have that special bond. They would always protect each other, They would always ketch each other, always help each other, laugh with each other, cry for one another, comfort each other, strive to do better for each other, chase away each other's monsters, and be a true family. That is what they would do forever.

 That is what they would do forever

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

21 Is Backजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें