Survival of the Fittest Challenge #2

It was Ben who found the two tickets. Mike was the one who picked them up. He turned them over and read the words "Justin Bieber" on the front in big, white, lettering. Who was Justin Bieber? He had no idea but from what it looked like, the tickets were advertising a concert set for tonight. Ben peered over Mike's shoulder to read the tickets.

"We should go," he declared.

Mike turned to look at him. "Why? Do you even know who Justin Bieber is?"

"No but it's the weekend and I need a break from school. Let's go."

Mike sighed. This Justin Bieber person didn't sound like he was a good singer from the name. What kind of person named himself Bieber of all things? It made no sense to him. But Ben wanted to go, and he never wanted to get out of the house. "Why exactly do you want to go to this?" Mike asked again.

Ben raised an eyebrow. "Would you rather study? I hear there's a test on Monday."

And that was that.

Mike met Ben near the front of the stage. He took in the amount of people. Mike didn't think there would be this many. He sipped his water. The concert should start soon. Then he would see just how good of a singer this Bieber person was. He almost anticipated a failure. What he didn't anticipate, however, was Mr. Dev announcing the act. And Mike was positive Mr. Dev saw him.

Mike's face reddened. What was he doing here? What did he have planned? As quick as he appeared, Mr. Dev was gone and a blond man, who wasn't that much older than Mike, took the stage. Ben watched his friend with a quizzical glance but didn't say anything. Since yesterday, Mike had been acting weird and he didn't want to push it.

Then Bieber starting singing. It was the worst noise the boys had ever heard. Even though it was a mix of nails on chalkboard and screaming, the crowd seemed to love it.

"We should leave!" Ben yelled.

"Oh so now you want to leave!" Mike yelled back. He wasn't arguing though. Too bad there were zombies blocking their way out.

Ben didn't seem too worried all things considering. Until he tried to use his powers against the zombies. "What is going on? Why aren't my powers working?!" he exclaimed.

"Yeah and they probably won't work unless we get out of here," Mike said.

"So then what do we do?"

"We kill zombies."

Mike searched the area for something he could use. That's when he spotted two dolls, the stuffing poking out of the seams. He grabbed one, a small doll with red hair and some sort of uniform, and stuffed it down a zombie's throat. The zombie gagged, then fell to the ground. Ben grabbed the second doll, this one with dark, long hair and a white dress, and shoved it down another zombie's throat. It too fell to the ground dead.

"Well those are used up," Mike observed. That's when he noticed the microphone in Justin Bieber's hands. He could use that to kill a few more zombies. He pulled himself up onto the stage and tackled Bieber to the ground. Bieber screeched as his precious microphone was yanked out of his hands, then used to bludgeon two more zombies to death.

On the ground, Ben had found an overturned chair. At first, he tried to use the whole chair to kill the zombies but soon that became too hard. Working quickly, he pried the leg off the chair and used it as a sword to impale the next few zombies that were starting to surround him.

Mike tried to keep count in his head of all the fallen zombies. So far, he guessed they had killed eight- not much compared to the swarms of zombies that kept appearing.

Suddenly there was a scream coming from behind Mike. He turned around to see the guitarist drop his guitar and run away from a small group of zombies chasing after him. Mike picked up the fallen guitar and stabbed the zombies with it until they all were on the ground. He used the strings from the guitar to choke another zombie that had come up from behind him.

At least ten down, a lot more to go, he thought to himself before jumping off the stage to help his friend.