Cookie Cats!

Sighing as I laid on the louge chair on my front porch, enjoying the bright sun soaking into my skin and the smell of the salt in the air was nice. 

"(Y/n)!" I flinched when I heard the sound of my little brother from down the staircase of our house. 

"Steven? Why are you running?... with an ice creamcat box on your back?" I asked as he made his way towards me with a pink box wrapped with a white wire cord. 

"They discontinued cookie cat!" Steven pouted, chuckling I ruffled his hair and walked inside with him. Unwrapping the fridge from his back and plugging it into the wall next to our toaster. 

"So that's why you have the fridge from the Big Donut." I nodded, adminoring the pink paint and the print of the cookie cat logo on the top of the mini fridge. It's cute, my train of thought was interupted by the worp pad turning on and filling the house a bright light- stepping off the pad were the crystal gems back from a mission. 

"Pearl, Garnet, Amethyst!" Steven and I greeted. 

"Hello Steven! Hello (Y/n)!" Pearl smiled as she made her way next to me. A questioning look in her eyes as she spotted the new addition in the kitchen. 

"Yo Steven. Yo (Y/n)." Amethyst greeted as she hopped onto the kitchen counter. 

"Steven. (Y/n)." Garnet said as she leaned on the kitchen bar next to Amethyst. 

"What the heck is that?" Amethyst asked. 

"Some ice cream brand Steven likes." I answered. "I'm just glad it works." I smiled. 

"It's not just some ice cream! It's Cookie Cat!" Steven said, I laughed as I walked over tot he freezer for some ice- only to be met with a pile of Cookie Cats nestled inside. "Ooohhh!" Steven gasped as he squeezed his way next to me to grab one of the treats. 

"We knew they were going out of business, so we-" 

"We stole them!" Amethyst interupted Pearl, rolling her eyes at her fellow crystal gem she continued.
"She stole them and I went back to pay for them." Pearl said. I couldn't help but let out a small chuckle getting a small glare from Pearl. Steven smiled at the sweet treat and unwarpped the ice cream and began to sing the theme song of Cookie Cat.  

"Oh, he's a frozen treat with an all new taste

Because he came to this planet from outer space.

 A refugee of an interstellar war

But now he's at your local grocery store

Cookie Cat

He's a pet for your tummy

Cookie Cat

He's super duper yummy

Cookie Cat

He left his family behind

Cookie Caaat!" 

After his little song Steven took a bite out of his ice cream, closing his eyes as he savored the sweet flover of vanilla and strawberry- something I thought I would never get to see was his gem glowing. Not only was it shining, it was summoning something- a closer look I could see something forming. Curved with ingraving of vines and thornes with a rose craved in the middle of what looks to be a shield. The gems gasped around us as I just stared at it- a feeling came over me, like I was suppose to know what it was, who it belonged to. Even though I never saw it in person, I knew it was Mom's but it's different seeing it in person and not in a photo or painting. A feeling that now I can welcome the fact mom was a fighter, a protector, but a small voice in my head told me not to welcome that feeling fully- not yet anyways.