Chapter 4

"Luna

"Luna." I felt someone tugging the hem of my dress. Their breathing became more ragged, and they tugged more hurriedly. Yet I could not ignore how my heart swelled at hearing my new title even though I did not want anything to do with it or him. "You're the Luna right?" I nodded.

I reluctantly opened my eyes and sat up to see an adorable boy with streaks of tears running down his face. More loomed in his frightened eyes. I looked out of the window, the curtains were drawn back anyway, and saw it was still dark. 

I stared at him confusedly. "What is it?" I asked as I lifted him up. I had a strong urge to protect the little boy. I cradled him closely. I couldn't help but relish his company. I had been confined in this room for possibly over a week. I missed human interaction, since for some reason I scarcely saw Charlotte and the Beta. I lit a few candles while hushing him as he cried on my lap.

"He - he has gotten more angry." The little boy whispered, his fingers wrapped around the fabric of my dress and he began holding it tighter.

"Who has?" I questioned.

"The supreme alpha." I had never heard of that title. Alpha yes but never 'the supreme alpha'.

The boy looked me in the eyes for a split second before shutting them tightly. "He's been growling so loudly, I can't sleep. He's been going wild and attacking people...well that's what I've heard. I know the beta broke his wrist because of him but he healed quickly s-so he's okay. Mum says more innocent people are being sent to the dungeons." The boy's eyes glistened with fresh tears, as I held him closer. He he hid his face in my clothes, "H-he is scary. I saw his shadow today a-and I was scared. What if he puts my mum in the dungeons?"

I began rubbing circles on his back and tried soothing him.

"The adults won't tell me anything. Normally, he's hiding and we never see or hear of him. He-he doesn't like being disturbed. But now he's tearing up the West Wing and growling all the time. He's angry a lot more and - and he is more of a beast than he was before."

"It's okay, I'm here. Nothing will happen to your mum. Everything will get better soon." I comforted him.

"Really?" He said, as he looked up at me with his vivid green eyes.

"Really." I said as I nodded.

I continued soothing him, until he asked me so quietly that I almost didn't hear it, "Can I sleep here with you? Pl-please I'm scared."

"Of course you can." I said, as I made space for his little body next to mine.

" I said, as I made space for his little body next to mine